Senior citizens must make sacrifices in their personal lives as they get older. Many seniors are no longer in a condition to hold a job and they may be unable to drive and handle other activities that used to be much easier. One thing that senior citizens are no longer giving up in old age is their homes.
More people of the baby boomer generation are choosing to age in their homes to retain a level of independence that is lost when they move into a nursing home or assisted living facility. While aging in place does give seniors more independence, many cannot do this without receiving care in their homes. Seniors may need the help of home care professionals to ensure that they can age in place safely and comfortably.
Professional Senior Care Services in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide senior care services to help senior citizens in Palm Beach Gardens, FL who prefer to age in place. Our staff will carefully evaluate the care needs of you or your loved ones to create a personalized care plan that covers your every need. Our caregivers can assist with personal care tasks as well as other tasks around the house to ensure that your loved ones can live safely at home and enjoy a good quality of life.
Our caregivers must pass an extensive background check upon employment and receive training. This helps us guarantee that the caregivers we send to your home are trained and licensed and have the personality to be a compassionate caregiver for your loved ones. We make sure our caregivers are bonded and insured as well and are prepared for emergencies with training in CPR and First Aid.
Complete Senior Home Care Services
Assisting Hands Palm Beach will help create personalize care plans for all of our clients to ensure that our caregivers meet their unique care needs. We start by sending a staff member to the home of your loved to not only evaluate their care needs, but also the safety of the home. After our evaluation, we work with our clients and their families to create a care plan and schedule for our caregivers that benefits all involved. We can include personal care activities as well as certain household activities in the senior care plan.
The home care plan for you or your loved ones may include the following:
- Assistance with Personal Routines: Morning and evening routines that include dressing and bathing typically become more difficult for seniors as they age. Our caregivers will assist your loved ones with their morning and evening routines including help bathing and dressing.
- Transfer Assistance: Limited mobility makes it tougher to get out of bed or off the sofa, as well as move around the home. Our caregivers can help those who need assistance getting up out of their bed, wheelchair, or recliner.
- Bathing and Showering: We can help your loved ones if they need assistance to shower or bathe.
• Restroom Use: We can help your loved ones use the restroom with either full or partial assistance.
- Dressing: If your loved ones have trouble getting dressed, we can help them get dressed for bed and for the day.
- Personal Appearance: Personal appearance is still important to your senior loved ones. We will help them with grooming and other personal care activities to maintain their personal appearance.
- Incontinence Care: We are ready to help seniors who struggle with incontinence by helping them clean up and change.
We can include the following services in your senior care plan to provide additional assistance:
- Meal Preparation: Our caregivers can prepare meals for your loved ones each day to ensure that they get nutritious meals that follow their dietary restrictions. We will serve each meal and handle the cleanup.
- Transportation: If your loved ones do not drive, we will provide rides so that they never miss a doctor appointment or family event, and we can help take care of important errands.
- Light Housekeeping: We can help keep your loved one’s home clean with light housekeeping duties such as dusting, vacuuming, laundry, and emptying the trash.
- Companionship: Our caregivers think of themselves as more than just a caregiver for your loved ones, they also make great social companions. We will engage your loved ones in conversation, games, and other activities to get to know them on a personal level.
Call us for a Free In-Home Assessment
If you have senior loved ones in the Palm Beach Gardens, FL area that need professional assistance to live at home, contact Assisting Hands Palm Beach for our senior care services. Our skilled caregivers will provide your loved ones with personal assistance to cover their unique care needs. You can reach us at (561) 781-5885 for more about our senior home care services.
- In-Home Senior Care Services in Boynton Beach, FL
- In-Home Senior Care in North Palm Beach, FL
- In-Home Senior Care in Palm Beach & West Palm Beach, FL
- Click to see all service areas.