Assisting Hands® Home Care provides overnight home care services in West Palm Beach, North Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, and Boynton Beach, FL to help senior citizens and adults with disabilities who need a caregiver present at night. We will send one of our caregivers to the home in the evening and they will stay until the morning, providing care throughout the night as needed.
When senior citizens reach a point where they need care at home, it is common for relatives to step in and help out when they can. In many cases, it is possible for families to care for their senior loved ones during the day. However, it gets difficult at night as relatives may not be able to spend their nights in the home with their senior loved ones. Even when this is possible, the caring relatives are likely to sleep at night and will not be able to respond quickly in an emergency. If your senior loved ones suffer from dementia, have recently had surgery, or have a high risk of falling, it may be best for them to have an overnight caregiver present.
At Assisting Hands® Home Care, we provide overnight senior care services to help seniors and adults with disabilities who need a caregiver present through the night in West Palm Beach, North Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, and Boynton Beach, FL. Our overnight caregiver will be at your loved one’s home in the evening to provide care and assistance and they will stay through the night to provide assistance as needed and respond to emergencies. You can choose to have the overnight caregiver stay in the bedroom of your loved ones or in a nearby area to respond quickly when needed.
Non-Medical Overnight Home Care
Our overnight caregivers are highly trained to provide quality, compassionate home care and they have each passed a background check so you can trust them in your loved one’s home. Each of our caregivers are also licensed, bonded, and insured for your protection.
With our overnight home care services, our caregivers will arrive in the evening to help your loved ones get dressed and ready for bed. Once your loved ones are in bed, our overnight caregiver will stay nearby to check on them regularly and respond if they need help getting to the bathroom. We will also respond immediately if there is an emergency. In the morning, our caregiver will help your loved one out of bed and assist them with bathing, dressing, and restroom use.
You can expect our overnight caregivers to provide assistance with the following
- Help with activities of daily living (ADLs) such as bathing, restroom use, and dressing
- Getting into and out of bed and changing positions if needed
- Assistance going to the bathroom at night
- Medication reminders
Who Are Overnight Care Services For?
Overnight home care services are for any seniors and adults who are unsafe if left home alone through the night. If you have senior loved ones with the following conditions, you should consider overnight home care:
- Dementia: Seniors affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia need attentive care at all times. Those affected by these conditions may sometimes wander out of confusion and if there is no one there to intercept them, they could put themselves in danger. This is especially true if a senior wanders at night when there is low visibility and they are more likely to be confused. If your loved ones are affected by dementia, make sure you have a dementia care specialist present through the night.
- Impaired vision: Walking through the home in the middle of the night can be dangerous for seniors who have impaired vision. An overnight caregiver will help ensure that your loved ones with impaired vision move around safely at night.
- High falling risk: Due to low visibility in the home at night, there is a high risk for seniors to fall. If your loved ones get up in the middle of the night, they may not see a cord, rug, or other object that can cause them to trip and fall. Our overnight caregiver will help your loved ones move through the home at night and remove trip hazards from their path.
- After surgery care: Returning home from a surgery is a difficult transition. Recently discharged seniors will not be at full strength yet and they may still be experiencing some pain that can make it difficult to sleep at night. Our overnight caregiver will monitor those who have recently returned home from surgery and ensure that they take their medication. We will also help your loved ones change positions in bed at night to ensure their comfort.
- Disabled seniors and adults: Seniors and adults with disabilities may need constant care depending on their limitations. Our overnight caregivers will ensure that your disabled loved ones always get the care and assistance they need, even in the middle of the night.
- 24 hour home care: If your senior loved needs care during both day and night, consider using our 24 hour home care or live-care services.
Call Assisting Hands® for Complimentary Home Assessment
If you have senior loved ones in West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, or Boynton Beach, FL who could benefit from our overnight care services, call Assisting Hands® Home Care to set up a free in-home assessment. We will meet with you and your loved ones in their home to assess their care needs and help form a comprehensive overnight home care plan.
You can reach us at (561) 781-5885 for overnight home care services in Palm Beach, North Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, and Boynton Beach, FL.