At Assisting Hands Home Care, we can help senior citizens who have chosen to age in place with our senior home care and elderly care services in Wellington, FL. Our trained and licensed caregivers can provide the personal care and assistance your senior loved ones need to live at home safely.
More senior citizens than ever before are choosing to stay in their own homes once they reach retirement age instead of leaving to live at an assisted living facility or nursing home. When seniors age in place, they will likely need some form of care and assistance to help with personal care and tasks around the home. If the senior’s care needs are minimal, it is easy for families to provide the assistance they need. However, it becomes difficult for families to provide care as their loved one’s personal care needs increase.
It is common for seniors to experience a decline in physical and sometimes cognitive abilities as they age which makes living at home difficult. Their family members are usually not prepared to provide the type of care needed and even when a family member does assume full-time care duties, they can easily become overwhelmed and burnt out. The best option is to work with a home care agency like Assisting Hands Home Care to ensure that your elderly loved ones get effective care at home.
Senior Home Care Services in Wellington, FL
Contact Assisting Hands Home Care if your loved ones in Wellington, FL need professional senior home care. You can reach us by calling (561) 781-5885.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides senior home care services and elder care in Wellington, Florida for seniors who prefer to age in place. Our licensed caregivers will ensure that your loved ones get the personal care and assistance they need while treating your loved ones with compassion and respect. Each of our caregivers must pass a background check and they are bonded and insured so you can trust them to provide your loved ones with excellent care.
We begin our elderly care services with a free in-home assessment with you and your loved ones. A member of our staff will come to your loved one’s home to assess their care needs and we will work with you to create an effective care plan. Our senior home care plans generally consist of the following:
- Personal care and assistance
- Transportation and errands
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- 24-hour in-home care
- Live-in care
Our caregivers are ready to provide the following as part of your loved one’s elderly care:
- Personal Care: Our caregivers can assist your loved ones with activities of daily living (ADLs) including toileting, dressing, bathing, and other personal hygiene activities.
- Fall Prevention: The majority of injuries among seniors are caused by falls. Our caregivers will help prevent falling by helping your loved ones with transferring and keeping walkways clear of tripping hazards.
- Companion Care: Our caregivers will be more than a caregiver to your loved ones, we will be a social companion for them as well. We will get to know your loved ones and build a personal relationship with them through friendly conversation and fun activities.
- Meal Preparation: If your loved ones cannot cook, our caregivers can prepare meals for them that account for their dietary restrictions.
- Transportation and Errands: We can provide transportation for seniors who no longer drive to take them to doctor appointments, family gatherings, and other engagements. We can also help with errands like grocery shopping and prescription pickups.
- Light Housekeeping: We will help keep the home clean by taking care of light housekeeping duties such as vacuuming, dusting, laundry, and taking out the garbage.
- Respite Care: If you have a family member providing full-time care for your loved one, they can benefit from having some time off. We provide respite care in which our caregiver will take over for the family caregiver.
- Overnight Care: Leaving your elderly loved ones alone at night can be worrisome. We provide overnight care services in which our caregiver will arrive in the evening and stay awake through the night to provide assistance and respond to emergencies.
- Live-In Caregivers / 24/7 Home Care: If your loved one requires the presence of a caregiver 24 hours a day, we can help with our 24-hour and live-in care services. With our live-in care services, our caregiver will live in the home with your loved ones but need time to sleep at night. Our 24-hour care services are more attentive as a caregiver will always be awake and alert in the home.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: It is important for seniors with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia to receive care within the familiar environment of their home. Our caregivers are trained and experienced to provide effective memory care for those affected by all forms of dementia.
- Post-Hospitalization Care: Returning home after a surgery or hospital stay can be difficult for seniors. Our caregivers can help ease the transition home and provide the care and assistance your loved ones need to recover.
- Hospice Care at Home: If your loved one is receiving hospice care, we can provide non-medical care and assistance to complement the hospice care. We will make sure your loved ones are as comfortable and pain-free as possible.
Call Assisting Hands for an In-Home Assessment
If your senior loved ones have decided to age in place, we can provide effective senior home care to ensure they can live safely at home. Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (561) 781-5885 for a free in-home assessment for our elderly care services in Wellington, Florida.