Assisting Hands Home Care provides home care for Parkinson’s patients in Wellington, Florida to help those with the disease live comfortably at home. Our caregivers can provide personal care and assistance to help those who are limited by the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
Parkinson’s disease is a disease of the nervous system that attacks the muscles and affects body movements. It is also a degenerative disease which means that the symptoms are mild at first but will continue to get worse. It can be difficult for those affected by Parkinson’s disease to care for themselves or take care of tasks around the home if they are experiencing stiff muscles, tremors, shakiness, poor balance, or trouble speaking. Those living with the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease need assistance with personal care tasks as well as help around the home.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide home care for Parkinson’s patients in Wellington, FL to help those suffering from this disease. We can help your loved ones with personal care activities as well as other tasks such as transportation and meal preparation. Each of our caregivers is licensed, bonded, and insured and they have experience providing care for those affected by Parkinson’s disease.
Development of Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is the result of low dopamine levels in the brain caused by a breakdown and loss of the nerve cells that produce dopamine. Abnormal brain activity occurs as a result of lower dopamine levels which can affect how the brain regulates body movements. The symptoms of Parkinson’s are mild at first, but they will become more severe and lead to further complications.
Those affected by Parkinson’s commonly experience rigid muscles, slow movements, tremors, loss of automatic movements, impaired posture and balance, and difficulty speaking. Parkinson’s patients can also experience the following complications as the disease progresses:
- Cognitive issues: Parkinson’s patients can experience cognitive limitations or dementia in the later stages of the disease.
- Depression: Those in the early stages of Parkinson’s may experience depression or anxiety.
- Swallowing and eating issues: It is difficult for Parkinson’s patients to be able to chew and swallow food if they have difficulty controlling those muscles. This increases the risk of choking and could lead to malnutrition.
- Sleeping issues: It is common for Parkinson’s patients to have trouble sleep well as they may wake up frequently.
- Toileting issues: Parkinson’s patients are likely to experience toileting issues if they cannot control their bladder. Parkinson’s can also slow the digestive process which causes constipation.
Professional Parkinson’s Home Care
To Learn More About Our Parkinson’s Home Care Services, Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (561) 781-5885.
Our Parkinson’s home care services will help your loved ones affected by Parkinson’s disease live safely at home. Our Parkinson’s caregivers can assist your loved ones with their activities of daily living (ADLs) and help them move safely around the home. We have experience caring for people affected by Parkinson’s disease so you and your family can rest assured that your loved ones are in good hands.
Our Parkinson’s care services can include the following:
- Personal care and assistance: Our caregivers will help your loved ones with activities of daily living (ADLs) including dressing, bathing, eating, transferring, and toileting.
- Medication reminders: We will make sure that your loved ones take their medication at the proper time so they do not miss a dosage.
- Mobility assistance: We can help your loved ones with their mobile limitations by helping them move around the house and assisting them into and out of their bed, recliner, or wheelchair.
- Companion care: Our caregiver will be a social companion as well as a caregiver for your loved ones. We will build a personal relationship with your loved ones through friendly conversation and fun activities.
- Transportation and errands: Our caregivers can provide transportation to take your loved ones to important engagements like doctor appointments and we can take care of errands like grocery shopping.
- Overnight care: We can ensure that your loved one is safe through the night with our overnight care services. Our caregiver will arrive in the evening to help your loved ones get to bed and they will stay close by provide assistance and help them change positions in bed.
- Live-in and 24-hour care: Our live-in and 24-hour care services will ensure that one of our caregivers is in the home 24 hours a day for Parkinson’s patients who need attentive care.
Call Assisting Hands for Parkinson’s Care
Our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care can provide effective Parkinson’s care for those in all stages of the disease. These services start with a free in-home consultation with you and your loved ones to assess their care needs and create a plan that can cover their needs. Give us a call at (561) 781-5885 for our Parkinson’s home care services in Wellington, Florida.