When senior citizens reach a point where they need help to live safely in their homes, many families will assume care duties themselves out of respect for their elderly relatives. Families who are able to provide care for their elderly loved ones in their homes allow them to age in place comfortably so they do not have to leave for a nursing home. However, not every family can adequately care for their elderly loved ones without some outside help.
Over the years, senior citizens may have a more difficult time living at home as they experience physical and cognitive limitations. As they need more help around the home, it becomes more difficult for family members to provide their elderly loved ones with effective care. Family caregivers can end up devoting long hours to caring for their loved ones which can lead to lack of sleep and stress that can have health implications. When an elderly loved one needs consistent, quality care to live at home, it helps to work with an elder care professional like Assisting Hands Palm Beach.
Elder Care Services in West Palm Beach, FL and the Surrounding Areas
Assisting Hands Palm Beach provides elder care services for senior citizens in West Palm Beach, Boynton Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, FL and the surrounding areas in Palm Beach County who prefer to age in place. Our licensed caregivers are trained to provide exceptional home care for your elderly loved ones as well as compassionate social companionship to help them live safely and comfortably at home. We will help you form a care plan for your loved ones that covers their unique needs and assign a bonded and insured caregiver that can best accommodate their needs.
When you call Assisting Hands Palm Beach for elder care services, we send a representative to the home of your loved one to assess their care needs. We will then create a personal care plan with the help of you and your loved one to ensure their needs are met. Our elder care services generally include the following:
- Personal assistance
- Care management
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation
- Errands and transportation
- Live-in care
- 24-hour care
Our caregivers can provide specialized care for your elderly relatives as part of their home care plan:
Personal Care: We can help your loved ones with a range of personal activities such as toileting bathing, dressing, grooming, and other similar activities.
- Fall Prevention: Falls are the leading cause of injuries for seniors and they can even be fatal. Our caregivers will help prevent falls by removing trip hazards and guiding your loved ones through the home.
- Companionship: Our caregivers are committed to being a social companion for your loved ones as well as their caregiver. You can trust our caregivers to treat your loved ones with compassion and respect and engage them in conversations and other fun activities.
- Meal Preparation: Seniors need to eat regular meals to get enough nutrition. Our caregivers can prepare meals daily that will accommodate your loved one’s dietary restrictions.
- Transportation and Errands: If your elderly loved ones do not drive, we can help with our transportation and errands services. Our caregivers can give your loved ones rides to important appointments and events and we can also take care of errand such as grocery shopping.
- Light Housekeeping: We can take care of light housekeeping tasks including laundry, vacuuming, dusting, and other similar tasks.
- Respite Care: Some elderly individuals receive care from a family member, but the family caregiver may need some help to ensure effective care. We provide respite care services to relieve family caregivers and care for their loved ones while they take time off.
- Overnight Care: If you are uncomfortable leaving your elderly relatives home alone at night, we can help with our overnight care services. One of our caregivers will arrive in the evenings to help your loved ones get in bed and they will stay awake in the home until the morning.
- Live-In/ 24-Hour Care: Some seniors may have a condition or chronic illness and require constant care. We provide live-in and 24-hour care in which a caregiver will be in the home of your loved one 24 hours a day. With our live-in care services, one caregiver will live in the home and need to sleep at night and with our 24-hour care services, we will have two caregivers alternate 12 hour shifts and stay awake through their entire shifts.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Seniors dealing with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia require specialized care in their homes. Our caregivers are specially trained to provide memory care services with positive reinforcement techniques and memory stimulating exercises.
- Post-Hospitalization Care: Whether your elderly relatives were hospitalized for a surgery or illness, it can be difficult to recover after being released. Our caregivers can help your elderly loved ones recover after returning home from the hospital.
- Hospice Care: If your elderly relative has been diagnosed with a terminal illness or limited life expectancy, we can provide end of life care through our hospice care services. We will help keep your loved ones comfortable so they can live their final days with dignity.