As more of the Baby Boomer generation reach retirement age, many of them are choosing to live at home in retirement instead of leaving to receive care elsewhere. This prevailing preference has led to an increase in demand for quality home health care services to help seniors live their golden years at home safely.
It is common for senior citizens to have difficulty living at home without some form of assistance as limited mobility, chronic illnesses, and cognitive limitations make it almost impossible to complete daily tasks. Fortunately, you or a loved one can receive care from trained home health aides like those at Assisting Hands Home Care – Palm Beach to help you age in place.
Non-Medical Home Health Care in West Palm Beach, FL Area
Assisting Hands Palm Beach provides non medical in-home health care services to assist seniors in Palm Beach and West Palm Beach, FL who have chosen to age in place. Our caregivers are each carefully screened, and they are highly trained and licensed to provide effective home health care for seniors and adults with disabilities. You can trust our home health aides to not only provide quality, compassionate in-home care, but also meaningful social companionship.
Home Care Benefits
Our home care services include help with activities of daily living (ADLs) such as personal care and basic needs, as well as instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs) such as activities the need to be done around the house. We start by sending a member of our staff to your loved one’s home to evaluate the home and assess their unique care needs. After our evaluation, we will work with you and your loved ones to form a care plan that covers the ADLs and IADLs that they need help with. The following can be included in our home care plans:
Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): Basic Needs
- Personal hygiene and grooming: Personal appearance is just as important to seniors as it is to any one else. Our caregivers will assist your loved ones with personal hygiene activities such as brushing their teeth and combing their hair to maintain their personal appearance.
- Bathing and showering: Seniors with physical limitations may find showering or bathing difficult. We can help your senior loved ones with their bathing or showering routine.
- Dressing: We can help your loved ones get dressed every morning and each night before bed.
- Transferring: We can help seniors with limited mobility get up and move between their bed, wheelchair, and recliner.
- Continence care: We can provide full or partial assistance for restroom use and help those who struggle with incontinence.
Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs): Self-care Tasks to Maintain Independence
- Light housekeeping: It is important for the house to stay clean and some seniors cannot handle cleaning tasks like they used to. Our caregivers will help with certain light housekeeping tasks like vacuuming, dusting, and laundry.
- Meal preparation: Our caregivers will prepare daily meals that accommodate the dietary restrictions of your loved ones.
- Medication reminders: Forgetting to take medication can result in hospitalization. We will remind your loved ones to take their medication at the right time.
- Errands: Our caregivers can shop for groceries, pick up prescriptions, and take care of any other errands that are needed.
- Transportation: If your loved one doesn’t drive, we can give them rides to make sure they get to doctor appointments, religious services, and family gatherings.
Complimentary Home Care Assessment
Contact Assisting Hands Home Care Palm Beach at (561) 781-5885 if you or your loved ones could benefit from non medical home health care services in Palm Beach and West Palm Beach, Florida. We will work with you and your loved ones to create a personalized home care plan and provide a free in-house assessment of your home care needs.