Assisting Hands Home Care can assist seniors and adults who are receiving care at the Good Samaritan Medical Center in West Palm Beach, FL with our hospital sitter and non-medical after surgery care services. Our caregivers will be there with you or your loved ones in the hospital to provide care and companionship without interrupting the doctor and nurses as they provide care.
Good Samaritan Medical Center | West Palm Beach FL
Good Samaritan Medical Center | West Palm Beach FL proudly provides high quality healthcare for West Palm Beach, FL and the surrounding areas. Their healthcare professionals are committed to providing personalized care to ensure their patients’ comfort and well-being. Good Samaritan consists of three institutes for cancer, cardiovascular, and digestive diseases and they provide da Vinci robotic surgery. Their emergency room is open around the clock to help those who need emergency care.
Patient Sitters and Hospital Sitters
During a stay at a hospital, rehab center, or other healthcare facility, seniors and adults could benefit from some extra assistance. Doctors and nurses are often responsible for multiple patients which means that you or your loved ones will likely not get highly attentive personal care. With our hospital sitter services, our caregivers will be in the hospital or facility with you or your loved ones to provide assistance and ensure their comfort. Our main role is patient advocacy as we will call the nurse or doctor when needed and help with medication reminders. We will not interfere with the care provided by the doctor and nurses and will only handle care that is not their responsibility.
Our patient sitter services include the following:
- Patient Advocates: Our caregivers will provide companionship and assistance to monitor you or your loved one’s condition in order to ensure the hospital provides timely and quality care. We will constantly be in communication with doctors and nurses to guarantee comfort and proper information.
- Companionship: We will keep you or your loved ones company while in the hospital and help keep busy with fun and appropriate activities.
- Fall Prevention: We will assist hospital personnel as you or your loved ones get in and out of bed and use the bathroom.
- 24/7 and Overnight Care: Our caregivers can be there for you or your loved ones 24 hours a day and we can even keep them company through the night with our overnight care services.
- Respite Care: If a relative has been keeping you or your loved ones company while in the hospital, we offer respite care in which our patient sitter will take over for the relative.
Hospitals and rehab centers tend to discharge patients before they have regained the strength to fully care for themselves. If a discharged senior or adult does not follow their discharge instructions or tries to do too much upon returning home, there is a good chance they could end up back in the hospital. It is important for patients to follow their discharge instructions and make their follow up appointments.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides transitional care to help ease the hospital to home transition. Our transitional care services include assistance with personal care at home as well as non-medical transportation to rehab or follow up appointments. The following may be included in our transitional care services:
- We will get the discharge instructions from the doctor and make sure the patient and their loved ones understand the instructions.
- We will help schedule follow up appointments, rehab, and additional lab work as needed.
- We provide non-medical transportation to take you or your loved ones home from the hospital and to follow up appointments.
- We will pick up prescriptions when needed and provide medication reminders.
- The primary care physician will receive a copy of the discharge orders and new prescriptions.
- We can help pick up or coordinate the delivery of needed medical equipment.
- We can ensure the home is safe to aid in your recovery.
- We can clean out the refrigerator and get new groceries as needed.
- We will prepare daily meals that account for dietary restrictions.
- We can help keep the home clean with light housekeeping tasks like laundry, sweeping, and taking out the trash.
- We can help with activities of daily living (ADLs) including dressing, bathing, eating, restroom use, and more.
After Surgery Care
Surgery is difficult for people of all ages, especially seniors and disabled adults. If patients don’t follow their discharge instructions upon returning home from the hospital, they may suffer a setback that will put them back in the hospital and extend their recovery time. Assisting Hands Home Care provides after-surgery care to help seniors and adults recover from surgery in their homes. Our after-surgery home care services include the following:
- Help with ADLs: Our caregivers will help with restroom use, transferring, changing positions in bed, bathing, dressing, and other ADLs.
- Companionship: Our caregivers will be a friend and companion to you or your loved ones as well as your caregiver. We will engage in friendly conversations and fun activities to build a personal relationship.
- Fall Prevention: We can accompany you as you move throughout the home and help with transferring to prevent falls.
- 24-Hour or Hourly Care: With our 24-hour and hourly care services, you or your loved ones can receive 24-hour care and hourly assistance from our caregivers.
- Overnight Care: Our caregiver can come to the home in the evening and stay awake through the night to provide assistance if you or your loved ones shouldn’t be left alone at night.
- Respite Care: If a relative is caring for you or your loved one after the surgery, you can work with us to provide respite care and give your relative time off.
- Non-Medical Transportation: We can provide non-medical transportation to take you or your loved ones to and from follow up doctor visits and rehab.
Schedule a Free Consultation
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we can provide hospital sitter services, transitional care, and after-surgery care for those receiving care at Good Samaritan Medical Center in West Palm Beach, FL. Give us a call at (561) 781-5885 to schedule a free consultation.
Disclaimer: Assisting Hands Home Care is not endorsed by Good Samaritan Medical Center in West Palm Beach, FL nor do we have an organic relationship with this institution.