Close to 20% of patients are readmitted to the hospital within 30 days of discharge; most of these readmissions are avoidable.
Our Safe Transition-to-Home service includes:
- Clear communication of discharge orders to patient and family
- Pick you up at the facility and take you home
- Get an appointment with your Physician and labs or tests.
- Pick up prescriptions and explain the use of your medications to prevent any errors.
- Fax your discharge orders and new prescriptions to your Primary Care Physician
- Set up your Mediset and remind you when to take medications
- Coordinate delivery of any Durable Medical Equipment
- Help you set up your home to make it a safe environment
- Clean up your refrigerator and buy any groceries you may need
- Prepare meals with special attention to dietary instructions
- Help with light housekeeping, laundry and errands
- Help you with bathing, dressing and other activities of daily living