Our hearts go out to all those suffering in any way from the broad effects of Covid-19. We know that many have been affected, having to stay indoors and limit contact with others. However, there are still lots of ways we can keep in touch with family and friends.
The best thing you could do would be to stay in contact with family and friends. There are so many ways to communicate these days, but some of the best include phone calls, texting, and our personal favorite, video calls. Usingr FaceTime, you can stay in touch with your loved ones in a very personal way. Through video chat you can play games, share stories, and see just how big your grandkids are getting. If you’re having a hard time learning how to use this technology, I’m sure one of your grandchildren would love to help you out!
You may not have these apps installed on your phone, but your grandchildren sure do! Here’s a quick list of the most popular social apps that can help you stay connected with friends and family:
- Facebook – By far the largest social platform, Facebook allows you to connect with friends and family by creating profiles, sharing information such as photos and quotes about themselves, and responding or linking to the information posted by others.
- Instagram – Owned by Facebook, Instagram is all about Photos! Share your own photos, comment and like others. You can also follow your friends and tag them in your photos.
- Snapchat – If texting and pictures were merged into one thing, you would get Snapchat. Send Pictures with captions back and forth, bridging the gap between a simple text and a video call.
- Pinterest – Hobby lobby in an App. Pinterest allows you to “pin” things shared by others to an imaginary cork board. Sharing creating ideas and other interests, organized into groups like “recipes” or “date ideas”.
- Twitter – If you enjoy reading, twitter is for you. Follow friend and family and see what they’re thinking! Share your own tweets to express yourself.