League City is the third largest boating anchorage in the United States and it was also recognized as the top ten smartest cities in Texas and also among 99 other small cities within the United States that have a population of 50,000-99,000.
This city is nicely located between Houston and Galveston, just on the south shore of Clear Lake and is famous for its recreational lifestyle, beautiful neighborhoods, excellent schools, parks, amenities, museums and much more. League City is the perfect place to live with your family. It is also ideal for setting your corporate relocation, lifestyle centers and other businesses.
Best of all, League City is also ranked among the safest cities in the United States, which means a lot if you have a growing family.
So, if you are planning a vacation with your family to League City or you recently moved in here and are wondering what this place is famous for, here are some fun things you can do.
1. The Museums
League City is famous for two of its museums that offer educational opportunities for all, especially for children. It has the famous West Bay Common School Children’s Museum, which is a schoolhouse, built back in 1898. This museum simulates a typical 19th century classroom. There is the Barn Museum as well and Icehouse-Barbershop Building, which displays some of the famous artifacts, mainly pertaining the history of League City. Also, don’t miss out on the Butler Longhorn Museum that contains some of the beautiful exhibits related to the culture and heritage of Texas. Butler Longhorn Museum really is a great place for the history lovers. You will love the artwork and artifacts here that highlights the history and importance of Longhorn cattle.
2. Don’t Miss These
- Schlitterbahn Galveston: The famous Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark is the world’s first convertible water park. It is also the third water park in Schlitterbahn. During the summer season, this place is of huge attraction for the families and friends
- Moody Gardens: A beautiful public, non-profit education destination which depicts nature, recreation, and research. Whether you want to work or play, this place is like a paradise for everyone. You will love the close encounters with free-roaming Saki monkeys here, the adorable macaws and some other endangered animals and plants
- Kemah Boardwalk: Kemah Boardwalk has been voted as one of Forbes Top 10 Texas attractions, and it is famous for its family-friend environment that has carnival games, rides, boating, shopping and restaurants with delicious food. Every Friday, during the July this place hosts events like Rock the Dock Concerts, Boo on the Bayou in October and Jingle on the Boardwalk in December
- Space Center Houston: The Space Center Houston is the official visitor’s center for NASA’s Johnson Space Center. As a matter of fact, it is the only place on the face of this planet that offers the guests an out-of-this-world experience. This place has been around since 1998 and is worth $75million, spread across 180,00 square feet. Since then, it has entertained well over 11 million space and science enthusiasts from all over the globe. Other than that, this place also features a range of permanent exhibits along with attractions and theaters as well. If you ever visit League City, don’t miss out the Space Center
3. Stay Spots
- Candlewood Suites: This place has access to some of the most popular businesses and attractions. You will find plenty of parks, shops and restaurants at a short drive or walk from this hotel and can bring your family and friends for vacations. The hospitality of this hotel will make your trip enjoyable and you can also spend your days relaxing on the nearby beaches
- Hampton Inn & Suites: Enjoy your stay at this spacious 81-room hotel. It is located 20 miles from the William P. Hobby Airport. They have free in-room internet access, a fitness center and pool. Don’t forget to try out the Hampton’s free hot breakfast every morning, which is absolutely mouthwatering. As a whole, Hampton Inn & Suites gives you an out-of-this-world experience and is located close to services like shops, dining and excitement
- South Shore Harbor Resort & Conference Center: South Shore Harbour Resort & Conference Center surely gives you a luxury tropically-inspired getaway, which is located just 30-minutes south of Houston. It is one of the largest full-service waterside resort and conference center in Southeast Texas and is moments away from the chic shopping, waterfront dining, boating galore, Kemah Boardwalk and many other fun places.
- Bay Area Raceway: The Maverick is Bay Area Raceways latest addition – a high-speed European-style gas GoKart built for speed, but also with the durability to stand up to tough drivers. And if you’re looking for car care for your own vehicle, there are tons of auto shops to choose from.
- Scottish Inn & Suites: Planning a vacation to League City and not staying at the Scottish Inn & Suites can make you regret it. This hotel is located between Houston and Galveston, and is 30-minutes away from some of the major attractions and amusements of this city. They provide free WiFi, and also have an indoor pool where you can relax and sip on some wine. Scottish Inn has accessible rooms and free parking as well for trucks, bus and RV. The lobby offers free coffee 24/7 and also a free SuperStart delicious, mouthwatering continental breakfast
There are plenty of other activities as well for the children, one of which is the famous League Park City Pool. It is a public outdoor pool that offer swimming lessons and rentals for private events. Moreover, the Space City Rock Climbing is another fun activity for the kids to enjoy. It features rope-secured climbing walls and boulder climbing walls that are without ropes. Finally, the Bay Area Raceway, which is just eight miles from the League City in Dickinson is a nice go-kart track. It has single and double vehicles for children. However, kids who are under 55-inches cannot participate.
As a whole, League City has lots of green open spaces and there are lots of places that you can visit with your friends and family.