This is by no means an exhaustive list of links, but we think our clients will find these links helpful.
Determining the Services Needed. How we choose the Caregiver.
Assisting Hands Monthlies
Each month we post valuable information for our readers. Bookmark this page and visit monthly for more information.
- Helping Seniors Through Transitions In Aging. Supporting Seniors Through Age-Related Transitions.
- Tips For A Safe & Happy Holiday Season For Seniors. Support Senior Safety and Happiness During the Holiday Season.
- Senior Men’s Health Issues. Ten Health Problems Senior Men Face.
- Breast Cancer Awareness For Seniors. What Senior Women Need to Know About Breast Cancer.
- Prostate Health For Aging Adults. Why screening for prostate cancer is vital.
- Aging Adults and Diabetes. What you need to know.
- Unifying A Senior’s Care Team. Tips on how to help a team work together.
- National Women’s Health Week. Tips on how to maintain your health during the senior years.
- Emergency Contact Plan. Helping Seniors Create An Emergency Contact Plan
- What Seniors Need To Know About Osteoporosis. How this medical condition affects seniors.
- Preventative Health Strategies For Seniors. As Seniors Age, Their Risk of Disease and Health Problems Increases
- Top Tips For Traveling With Seniors. Reduce travel risks by employing these top tips.
- Help Seniors Prevent Hearing Loss. Prevent further loss and cope healthily.
- Allergies and Senior Care. How To Help Seniors With Allergies.
- Understand Cholesterol And Its Effects. Helping Seniors Maintain Healthy Cholesterol Levels.
- Exercises That Are Safe For Seniors. Use these exercises to encourage seniors to stay healthy.
- How To Help Seniors Make The Most Of Doctor Visits. Ideas to help seniors navigate doctor visits well.
- How To Make The Holidays Special For Seniors. Creating holiday meals and memories seniors will love.
- Why Seniors Should Share With Younger People. Connecting with the younger generation.
- Fun Crafts To Do With The Elderly During Holidays. Making special holiday crafts together is both easy and fun.
- Caregiver Burnout: Signs & Coping Tips. What are the signs of caregiver burnout? Tips to help.
- Arthritis and Senior Care. What you need to know about Arthritis and senior care.
- Long Distance Care For Seniors and Their Families. How to care for senior loved ones by long distance.
- Heart Health For Seniors. Types of heart problems, symptoms and when you should schedule a doctor’s appointment.
- Seniors Coping With Loss Of Independence. How to help with this frustrating problem.
- Find The Right Caregiver For Your Elderly Parent. Steps to take to help make the right decision.
- Tips For Seniors During Sleep Awareness Month. How aging affects sleep and tips for improving sleep patterns.
- Diet Advice For Seniors With Kidney Health Problems. Tips for following a kidney healthy diet.
- Help Seniors Protect Themselves From Scams. A list of the most common scams and how to avoid them.
- Stroke Awareness. Facts about strokes and tips to preventing them.
- Multiple Sclerosis: The Basics You Need To Know. Q&A about Multiple Sclerosis, symptoms and diagnosis options.
- Facing End Of Life Care Options. Understanding the options for end of life care.
- Caring For Mentally Alert Seniors With Physical Limitations. The challenges of physical limitations and how to cope with them.
- Seniors And Animal Care. Planning for pets, tips and therapeutic benefits.
- Help Seniors Stay Sharp. How seniors can protect their brain health.
- Helping Seniors Manage Psoriasis. Managing psoriasis can improve quality of life.
- Protect Seniors’ Dental Health. Common dental challenges and the importance of dental care.
- Assistive Technology For Seniors. Devices that can help seniors on a daily basis.
- Tips For Healthy Aging. Taking care of your health for a higher quality of life.
- M Jane Markley Consulting
Advance care planning information
- National Association of Senior Move Managers
Information on organizations that specialize in senior relocation – facilitating the physical, emotional, and logistical aspects of the move.
- After 55.com
Guides to senior housing, including age restricted housing, retirement communities, independent living, assisted living, and nursing homes.
- Senior Housing Net
Another guide to senior housing.
Family Caregiver Support
Information on education, peer support, government support services, and family care givers.
Information on driver safety programs for seniors and help with difficult conversations around vehicle use.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- AARP Driver Safety Program
- AAA Senior Driving Information
- Able Data
Provides information on the assistive devices for people of all ages.
Senior Specific Organizations
Provides a wealth of information regarding senior citizens including medical, legal, and other information and services.
Trusted professionals who keep clients financially organized and independent by offering customized services to help manage bills, budgets, record keeping and health insurance. Association
- Aging Life Care Association
Provides a locator service to find geriatric case managers to assisting in care and housing options.
- Jewish Council for the Aging
Provides local programs and information for older adults and their families.
- Eldercare Locator
Public service of the Administration on Aging providing links to local services.
- Geriatric Mental Health Foundation
Offers information for older adults, family members, and caregivers on health and living related topics.
Provides a variety of resources to seniors, including help lines, exercise, wellness and nutrition programs, care management and counseling services, and legal and insurance assistance in the DC area.
- Maryland 211
Call 211 to be connected to various health and human service resources in MD.
- Maryland Association for Senior Centers
Provides information on Senior Centers and their programs.
- Benefits Check Up
Provides tools to determine adult eligibility for federal, state, and private benefit programs.
- Montgomery County Senior Site
Provides general information about senior health and wellness programs and services available in Montgomery County.
- NCOA (National Council on Aging)
Numerous resources, such as advice for caregivers, help navigating Medicare, self-management workshops for ongoing health issues, evaluation of your medical benefits, and a center for healthy aging.
- JSSA Hospice
JSSA Hospice serves people of all religious backgrounds, providing physical, emotional, and spiritual comfort.
- Montgomery Hospice
A nonprofit hospice serving residents of Montgomery County, Maryland.
- Hospice Caring
A non-medical volunteer based hospice support organization.
Disease Specific Organizations
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation
- ALS Association
- American Cancer Society
- American Stroke Association
- Arthritis Foundation