Healthcare Snippets: Staying Safe at Home and During This Pandemic. Eileen Milligan, Director Of Nursing at Assisting Hands Home Care. View the video.
Tips for staying safe.
- Make sure your pathways are clear of clutter and safe for walking.
- Put away small throw rugs.
- Install fixed grab bars in your bathrooms.
- Use a shower chair and a non-slip shower mat.
- Use a raised toilet seat and a handheld shower head.
- Make sure you have fire extinguishers at home as well as smoke detectors and fire alarms. Make sure they are in working order.
Staying safe during a pandemic means:
- Wearing a mask at all times.
- Maintain social distance.
- Wash your hands often.
Know the main signs and symptoms of Covid-19:
- Loss of taste
- Shortness of breath
Call your doctor right away if you have these symptoms.