What are the signs of a heart attack? Danielle Haynie, Director of Nursing at Assisting Hands Home Care of Potomac shares the signs of when to suspect you’re having a heart attack. View this video on our YouTube page.
The signs of a heart attack include:
- Pain in the chest, neck, back or arms
- Light headedness
- Abnormal heartbeat or palpitations
- Shortness of breath
If you are woman, or if the person you suspect might be having a heart attack is a women, you might also experience
- Nausea, vomiting, dizziness or light headedness
- In addition to the signs noted above.
If any of these warning signs are present, call 911 immediately. And if you can, unlock the door so EMT responders can get to you quickly.
This video, created for the Bethesda chamber, specifically addresses the Bethesda MD office. However, Assisting Hands Home Care provides home care for Montgomery County MD and for Northern Fairfax County VA. For information or questions, call the following numbers:
- Montgomery County MD: 301-363-2580
- Northern Fairfax County VA: 703-556-8983