Videos can be a great way to get information quickly and easily. In most cases, our videos will not be in-depth subject reviews, but rather give you an idea of what we do and how we support our clients. We also post videos from partners, who specialize in services our clients might be interested in.
Our Assisting Hands videos are always available on our YouTube channel.
Please review the list of video blogs below and give us a call if you have any questions. These videos are divided by category to help you find what you’re looking for.
What’s Your Plan? These videos provide information on various aspects of aging and senior care.
- Advanced Directives Q&A. We discuss Advanced Directives. What are they? Why are they important? How to approach the subject with your loved ones.
- Aging In Montgomery County. Odile Brunetto, Ed.D. Chief of Aging and Disability Services discusses the staggering list of services and what’s happening in Montgomery County that impacts seniors.
- Aging Services Offered By Montgomery County Police. Three Montgomery County Police Officers discuss senior safety awareness.
- Assisted Living Communities. Jonathan Edenbaum, the owner of Eden Homes of Potomac, discusses housing choices and the advantages of group homes.
- Care Management. Susy Murphy, Owner of Debra Levy Eldercare Associates, a practice of aging life care managers speaks to the needs of eldercare.
- Everyday Money Management. Leah Nichaman, founder and President of Everyday Money Management, serves people with disabilities, senior citizens and those dealing with a life change.
- Parkinson’s and Speech: Susan I. Wranik, Certified Speech-Language Pathologist, an expert on speech and Parkinson’s.
- Respite Care: Julia Abate of the Arc of Montgomery County discusses respite care for seniors and how to get fund to provide for respite care.
- The Village Movement. Interview with Pazit Aviv, the Village Coordinator for Montgomery County
Services Offered By Assisting Hands: These videos provide information on various services, tips and care provided to seniors by Assisting Hands.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Alzheimer’s is the most common type of Dementia. Assisting Hands can look after daily needs and make sure your loved one is safe.
- Assisting Hands Introduction. This video was created by several Assisting Hands companies throughout MD and VA. We discuss how to access Assisting Hands in MD and VA
- Assisting Hands Services. Assisting Hands: What we provide and how to access us.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month. October is Breast Cancer Month. Assisting Hands provides after-surgery care.
- My Home – Assisting Hands Home Care. The value of home and how Assisting Hands can help seniors age-in-place.
- Recommending Assisting Hands Home Care. Michele Joseph, Executive Director of SGAP, speaks to the care her mother received as a client of Assisting Hands Home Care.
- Signs of a Heart Attack. Director of Nursing at Assisting Hands provides the all important signs of a heart attack.
- Signs of a Stroke: Director of Nursing, Erin McKittrick, shares the important warning signs of a stroke.
- Staying Safe at Home on a Daily Basis and During a Pandemic. Tips from Eileen Milligan, Director of Nursing at Assisting Hands Home Care.
Death Cafe: A zoom meeting is scheduled monthly on this topic. To see the next event and to register, please click here.
- Death Café. Death Café is a national movement providing a place to hold a conversation about death.
Book Chats. Each month we discuss a book of particular interest to Seniors.
- An Inconvenient Truth in Very Few Words. Tim Truett discusses his book on Haiku and Photography.
- Being My Mom’s Mom. A book chat where Loretta Veney discusses her mom, Alzheimer’s and what the diagnosis meant for she and the family.
- Breathing and Healing. Karen Tasto, owner of Open Heart Healing and certified women’s empowerment life coach.
- Care and Feeding of the Aging Human Male Species – A Sassy Primer. Author Irene Shere, discusses the often comical book about living with aging men.
- Catch Me a Catch. Author Leora Hoffman, match maker by profession, discusses the book about her matchmaking stories.
- Dementia By Day. Rachael Wonderlin, consultant, blogger and author, talks about her blog, Dementia By Day and her experience with dementia care and aging.
- Mediators. Morgan Russo discusses her new book about how elders use media and the benefits it provides.
- Thriving At Home – A Handbook for Preventing Hospitalizations : Dave Tasto, Assisting Hands Boston Northwest, provides information for seniors and families on caregiving. Steve Lorberbaum is a contributor to the book.
- Value of Wrinkles. A book chat with author Isabel Tom.
Yoga: Exploring various aspects of yoga.
- Yoga: Angelique Raptakis. A yoga session by an instructor specializing in restorative, Yin, Hatha Yoga and Reiki.