When should you consider in-home care? When normal activities become difficult, such as dressing, bathing and meal preparation, as well as getting to and from doctor’s appointments. Assisting Hands Home Care of Reston and Northern Fairfax County is a licensed, bonded, and certified home care agency that proudly serves seniors with a range of elderly care services.
Requesting a free consultation. When you call us, one of our staff members will schedule a time that works best for you and your loved one. When we meet, we will discuss your needs and recommend the best plan of care for you and your loved ones. Our goal is to make them feel safe and independent in their own home.
Once we’ve agreed on a plan, we will choose one of our certified, trained, and experienced caregivers. We hand select these caregivers and will provide one who we believe will be the best fit for your loved one. One of the benefits of working with Assisting Hands Home Care is that we employ a diverse set of caregivers, allowing us to best serve the needs of each client.
By the way, each of our caregivers is also licensed, bonded, and insured to protect your best interests, all while taking care of the extra tasks around the house.
Aging in place. Our purpose is to allow your loved one to age within the comfort of his/her own home – but with the assistance we provide to live life safely. In home care services are seen as the most beneficial choice for elderly individuals for their well-being.
Reston Home Care Services Provided by Assisting Hands Home Care
We provide services tailored to the needs of each family. While the care needed for each individual is different, below is a list of the services we provide.
- Care Management. We like to consult with the family and client to tailor a care schedule that
will fit the specific care needs of the client. We are happy to balance our care with that of any
- Personal Care. If loved ones have difficulty with personal hygiene, you can count on Assisting
Hands to provide help as needed, including bathing, dressing, toileting and other personal
- Meal Preparation. Proper nutrition is important. Our caregivers will prepare meals each day for
our clients and make sure the kitchen is cleaned up afterwards.
- Transportation. We can transport loved ones to and from doctor appointments, to the grocery
store for some light shopping, and other basic errands.
- Light Housekeeping. Our caregivers help keep the home clean by vacuuming, dusting, sweeping
and doing laundry. Keeping a clean household helps to prevent falls.
- Companion Care. We make sure to hire caregivers that will provide excellent companionship as
well as good care for your loved ones. We build personal relationships with our clients through
conversation and engaging activities.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care. We can provide care when others are not available. And we offer memory care services to help improve the memory of those affected by Alzheimer’s disease or Dementia.
- Respite Care: Our respite care services are ideal for clients who have a family caregiver. We will create a care schedule that provides relief for the family caregiver so they can tend to their personal lives.
- Post-Surgical Care: Recovering from surgery or long hospital stay can be difficult. We help prevent overexertion on the part of the client by providing care. We can also monitor the client for signs of distress. We will remind the client when it’s time for medication and we can do light housekeeping to keep the home in shape.
Who Needs Home Care Services?
Anyone with some physical or mental limitation can be helped by home care in some capacity. Assisting Hands Home Care works to engage our clients, keeps them active, provides a neat home and makes sure they are safe. The family caregiver also benefits from our services – providing time for them to get away and spend time on themselves. Our services are offered to the following.
- Senior citizens
- Adults with chronic conditions, such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s or Dementia
- Disabled adults
- Individuals recovering from surgery
- Hospice patients
- New and expecting mothers (particularly when a high-risk pregnancy is involved)
- And similarly limited individuals
Seniors in Reston, VA
Most seniors in Reston, VA will tell you that they remain in Reston because of the services available to them. And while that may be true, it’s also true that as people age, it’s sometimes hard for them to get around. The traffic here can be quite busy and seniors may not feel comfortable driving themselves. But having a caregiver beside them, many seniors can enjoy some of the best activities Reston has to offer.
Reston Town Center
Home to world-class businesses, leading retail destinations, and a wide range of exciting dining options, Reston Town Center appeals to a broad and diverse community. The center offers everything from boutique fashion to dynamic fitness to engaging events. Reston Town Center is definitely a place where people make strong connections.
Great Falls is a series of rapids and waterfalls on the Potomac River. It is located 14 miles upstream from Washington, D.C., on the border of Montgomery County, Maryland and Fairfax County, Virginia. Great Falls Park is operated by the National Park Service and includes scenic views for both the Maryland side and the Virginia side of the river. There are overlook points on the Virginia side. The Great Falls area is popular for outdoor activities such as kayaking, whitewater rafting, rock climbing, and hiking.
The Reston Museum is operated by the Reston Historic Trust and offers community exhibits and archives, walking tours, and public events including the Annual Home Tour and the annual Founder’s Day festival. Long-term exhibits explore life in the Reston community as well as rotating exhibits showcasing the work of students of all ages.
Walker Nature Center Sanctuary
The sanctuary provides a variety of educational and recreational resources, programs, and facilities. The park contains over a mile of trails as well as several picnic areas, demonstration gardens, and outdoor displays. You can also put in a special request for a program lead by a Nature Center expert for your family or visitors, or rent out a multi-purpose room, pavilion, or the fire ring for gatherings, meetings, and business retreats.
Premier Shopping at Tysons Corner Center
Just minutes from downtown Washington, D.C., Tysons Corner Center is Virginia’s premier shopping destination. One of the largest shopping centers in the country, the center houses 300 shopping, dining and entertainment destinations including Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, Apple, Dyson, Uniqlo, American Girl, L.L. Bean, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Michael Kors, Lacoste, SPANX, The Disney Store, Kiehl’s, H&M, Zara, Charles Tyrwhitt, lululemon and more. Tyson’s Corner Center is also home to a great selection of restaurants.
Serious Outdoor Exercise
SkateQuest is located to the southeast of Reston and offers public skating, figure skating, hockey, lessons, and group sessions year-round. This ice skating center also has a full-service pro shop, café, and party rooms to rent. There are also open skate times and lessons.
We hope this guide to In Home Care in Reston, VA is helpful. As we stated earlier, our goal is to keep seniors and other loved ones happy. We are a home care agency with a stellar rating, actively involved in our community and above all, care deeply for the people we care for.