Assisting Hands Owner, Robbie McCullough, CSA, recently spoke to a group of MacArthur Hills employees, residents and their families regarding identity theft.
While identity theft affects people of all ages, studies have consistently shown that the elderly are an especially high-risk population when it comes to falling victim to scams, fraudsters, and identity thieves.
Are you or your loved ones at risk? Take action today.
- Request your free Annual Credit report and review it carefully for anything that is incorrect or suspicious
- Be aware of any unsolicited direct mail pieces
- Never open an attachment from an unknown sender
- Have a trusted friend or relative review your legal and financial affairs
- Be judicious in your use of computers and internet browsing.
- Never give any passwords or user ID’s to anyone that you don’t know 100%
- Legitimate Non-profit organizations will always provide written documentation of their services and any donations
Need more information or interesting in arranging a speech for the public?
Contact Robbie McCullough at 214-865-7870. Robbie is a Certified Senior Advisor and qualified to speak about this issue and others affecting Seniors.
Latest posts by Robbie (see all)
- Caring for Yourself as You Care for an Aging Adult with Alzheimer’s Disease - February 22, 2021
- Are You and Your Elderly Loved One Afraid to Talk to Each Other about Her Fall Risk? - February 15, 2021
- Are You and Your Senior Arguing about Driving? - February 8, 2021