Senior Care in Coppell TX
Technology can be a wonderful tool to have, especially if you are a family caregiver. Since you probably have a smart phone or tablet, there are a wide range of apps available to make their job much easier and more organized. These apps can give you a friendly reminder when it is time that your loved one has to take their medication, keep track of their health history, and make it easy to contact their medical team. Not to mention the fact that they can sync with other devices. While there are numerous apps available, there are some that stand out more than the others. Here are some of the top apps to keep in mind if you want to simplify your caregiving responsibilities.
Do you want to update your family members and friends on the health status of your elderly parent? Then this app may be the perfect solution. It allows you to create a personal website that can be shared with as many people as you choose. It also enables you to ask for caregiving help from other loved ones. Some of its features include:
- The ability to post updates and pictures
- Having visitors login with a username and password if you only want certain people viewing the website
- Being able to creates fundraising page through GoFundMe in order to save money for the senior’s healthcare costs
- Special dates and appointments can be listed on a shared calendar
A multitude of features are available on CareZone in order to coordinate some of the caregiving responsibilities with other family members and friends. Some of the features include:
- Creating a list of medications and setting up medication reminders
- Track health information, like weight, blood pressure, pain, and blood glucose
- Record any significant events that have occurred in a journal feature on the app
- Add files and photos, such as pictures of medical documents and insurance information
- The pharmacy component of this app allows the elder to get their prescriptions auto-filled for convenience
Lotsa Helping Hands
This is an ideal app for those caregivers who would like to stay connected with the community by sharing news and updates on the elderly loved one. Lotsa Helping Hands allows you to:
- Create a schedule that will allow other people in the community to volunteer for certain jobs and activities
- Post announcements and pictures
- Visitors can show their support by posting well wishes
Hopefully these apps will help you provide the care your loved one needs.
If you or an aging loved one are considering in-home senior care in Coppell, TX, please contact the caring staff at Assisting Hands of Preston Hollow today at (214) 420-1212.