At Assisting Hands Home Care, we can help senior citizens in University Park, Texas who have chosen to age in their homes with our senior home care and elder care services. We will work with you and your loved ones to create a care plan based on their unique needs and assign a licensed caregiver who will provide quality, compassionate care.
Seniors of the baby boomer generation are choosing to stay at home in retirement. Aging in place allows seniors to stay in their comfortable surroundings and have more independence in their daily lives. In fact, around 90 percent of seniors are choosing this option instead of leaving their homes for an assisted living facility or nursing home.
Seniors who choose to age in place are likely to need some level of care and assistance to live comfortably. When seniors begin to need help, they can sometimes rely on their relatives to provide help around the home or even basic personal care. However, it can be difficult for families to provide adequate care for their elderly loved ones, especially as their care needs grow. The best way to ensure that your loved ones get the care they need at home is to work with a home care agency like Assisting Hands.
Senior Home Care Services in University Park
Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (214) 865-7870 to schedule a free consultation about our Senior Home Care services in University Park, Texas.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides senior home care services to help senior citizens who need care in their homes in University Park, Texas. Our senior home care services begin with a free consultation in which we meet with you and your elderly loved ones to evaluate their care needs. We will then create a home care plan to accommodate their needs and assign one of our trained and licensed caregivers who will provide care while treating your loved ones with respect and compassion.
Our in-home senior care services are customized to the unique care needs of your loved ones. It is important for us to get a good understanding of your loved one’s care needs to create an effective care plan and schedule that works for all involved. Our care plans are also flexible so we can change the plan as necessary if your loved one’s care needs change.
The senior home caregivers of Assisting Hands Home Care have each passed a background check and they are trained and licensed to provide quality elder care. They are also bonded and insured for your protection. You can expect our caregivers to provide personal care and assistance for your loved ones right in their homes and they will also be a social companion. Our caregivers will get to know your loved ones and build a personal relationship with them while providing quality, compassionate care.
Our in-home senior care services include assistance with the following activities of daily living (ADLs):
- Personal hygiene: Our caregivers will assist seniors who need help with personal hygiene activities such as brushing their teeth, coming their hair, and bathing.
- Bathing and showering: Our caregivers will assist your elderly loved ones as they bathe or shower.
- Restroom use: If your loved ones need help using the restroom, our caregivers can provide assistance.
- Dressing: Our caregivers can help your loved ones get dressed for the day and for bed at night.
- Transfer assistance: We can help those with limited mobility move around the home and transfer from their recliner, bed, or wheelchair.
- Incontinence care: We can respectfully help your loved ones who struggle with incontinence.
Our caregivers will also help your oved ones with household activities, or instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs):
- Meal preparation: Cooking can be a dangerous activity for some seniors, especially those with dementia. Our caregivers will provide meal preparation which includes preparing and serving the meals and cleaning up afterwards. We will also make sure that the meals we prepare account for dietary restrictions.
- Grocery shopping: We can provide transportation to take your loved ones grocery shopping or handle the shopping ourselves.
- Transportation: We can provide rides for seniors who no longer drive so they make it to their doctor appointments and other important engagements.
- Light housekeeping: We can take care of light housekeeping tasks including laundry, dusting, vacuuming, and others to keep the home clean.
- Companion care: Our caregivers will be a good social companion, as well as a caregiver for your loved ones. We will engage your loved ones in friendly conversation and activities to build a personal relationship with them.
Call Assisting Hands for a Free In-Home Assessment
If you have elderly loved ones who could benefit from professional home care services in University Park, Texas, contact Assisting Hands Home Care to set up a free in-home consultation. We will evaluate your loved one’s care needs during this consultation and work with you to create an effective care plan. Give is a call at (214) 865-7870 for our elderly care services.