Home Care in Scottsdale AZ
As the adult child of an aging parent, there will be a time when one might need to think about elder care. When people plan ahead for this, they will already have the information that they need to make an informed decision when the time comes. Here are some things that families might want to ask when looking into getting home care for their family member.
Hiring a Caregiver through a Home Care Agency
This is the best way to hire someone to provide senior care. That being said, there are always things that need to be asked when someone is trying to decide which one to go with. Some of these questions are:
- Does the home care agency offer continuing education or training for the caregivers who work for them?
- How are the caregivers screened by the agency and during the screening process, is there a total background check completed that is comprised of such things as criminal records, status of any applicable work permits, references and driving records?
- What is the home care agency’s ratio of interviews to hires?
- Does the agency require a specific amount and type of training for their caregivers?
- Are the caregivers that are hired by the agency trained regarding different types of equipment that are used in the field?
Many times, there will be a need for other services to be provided by the caregiver while they are in the patient’s home. These services can include such basic human necessities as providing companionship as well as other duties that can encompass things like:
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Medication reminders
- Meal preparation
- And more
Many older people will prefer getting this type of care in the comfort of their own home as opposed to being put in a facility. Additionally, this type of home care is more cost effective than inpatient care.
Most of the time, a home care agency will give prospective clients a free initial assessment plan. For this to happen, a social worker or staff member for the agency will visit the home of the patient and assist in the development of a plan of care that will include each of the services that are needed for the patient to retain his mental, social and physical well-being.
If you or an aging loved one are considering home care in Scottsdale, AZ, contact the caring staff at Assisting Hands Home Care at 480-767-3246.
Latest posts by Admin (see all)
- Preparing Family for a Thanksgiving Visit with a Senior with Alzheimer’s Disease - November 15, 2016
- What Information Do You Need from Your Loved One’s Doctor about Exercise? - November 9, 2016
- Should You Consider Elder Care if Your Parent Moves in With You? - November 2, 2016