As “baby boomers” began to officially turn the population tide on January 1, 2012, the increased need for senior in home care became a national discussion. In the past, families were faced with few choices when their senior loved ones needed care. Fortunately, in the last several decades clinicians and other healthcare professionals have recognized the health and well-being benefit to receiving care while remaining in the comfort of home. As our country’s population continues to enter their golden years in record numbers, senior in home care is finally being not only recognized, but celebrated as the preferred option for many in lieu of the traditional institutionalized care approach from years past.
Assisting Hands® offers a wide range of in home care services for the senior, disabled, and otherwise in need client. Some of the specific services offered for the senior in home care client include:
- Bathing, grooming, meal preparation, and housekeeping
- Home safety evaluations
- Recommendation for and placement of assistive devices in the home
- Fall risk assessments and individualized fall prevention plans
- Care Coordination with all members of the clients healthcare team
- Transportation and accompaniment to vital healthcare appointments
- Specialized care for the Alzheimer’s or other dementia client
- Compassionate, one-on-one end of life care for clients on Hospice
- Automated medication reminders
- Medical alert system
- Video monitoring services
If you or someone you know is struggling with the care of a loved one and would like to better understand the options for senior in home care, do not hesitate to call an Assisting Hands® office today to learn about how we can be help.