In-home caregiving services are a growing trend across the United States. Many aging individuals, particularly baby boomers, prefer to grow old in the comfort of their own homes, and cannot do so without assistance.
In other cases, individuals recovering from a surgery, or who are otherwise inhibited in some way, need help in order to accomplish day-to-day tasks.
Many different types of people can benefit from these services, and we encourage you to learn more about how they can help you.
Who Can Benefit from Around-the-Clock Home Care Services
As we stated above, there are a variety of people who can benefit from 24/7 care. Generally speaking, it is ideal for those who have exceptional difficulty with accomplishing day-to-day tasks and/or getting through the night safely. It is also great for those who may need immediate assistance on short or no notice. We commonly provide these services to the following and more:
- Cancer patients
- Terminally ill individuals
- People recovering from major surgery
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s patients
While there are certainly others who we can assist, these are examples of who we help most often through our 24-hour caregiving services. Please feel free to ask us about your unique situation.
24-Hour Care v. Live-In Care
Many people ask us what the primary differences are between our 24-hour care services and live-in care services. Both take place on a 24-hour schedule, but there are key elements of each that jump out right away:
- 24-Hour Care: These services are ideal for those who need more attentive care. You will benefit from a new caregiver every 12 hours. This means that somebody will always be attentive and ready to help, no matter the time of day. This is ideal for individuals who require constant supervision due to a medical condition, or who may need emergency assistance on minimal notice.
- Live-In Care: These services are ideal for those who do not require such attentive care, but still need regular help. Through these services, our caregivers rotate every 3 to 4 days, meaning they require a place to sleep on-site. We provide the same types of services as through our 24-hour care but ask that you give our caregivers 5 to 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night.
Non-Medical Caregiving Services
While we can assist you with virtually all aspects of day-to-day life, it is important to note that we cannot perform medical services (e.g. changing bandages, providing injections, etc.). However, we can provide services such as:
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders
- Transportation assistance
- Help with changing clothes
- Light housekeeping
- Assistance with getting into and out of the bed
- Help with personal grooming, bathing, and using the restroom
- General companionship
Our caregiving services are completely customizable, meaning we can provide any combination of the above services and more. Additionally, while we cannot provide medical services, our caregivers can still assist clients in emergency situations. They are all CPR and first-aid certified and will ensure that appropriate personnel are contacted right away in the case of an emergency.
We currently offer these services to those in need in the greater Elk Grove Village, IL, community and we accept long term care insurance to help cover the costs of our services. Whether you need to utilize our live-in care or 24-hour care services for a few days, or on a long-term basis, we are more than happy to help.
To Speak with an Assisting Hands Home Care Advisor Call Us Now at (847) 448-0844
Related Live-in Care Services:
Live in Home Care Schaumburg IL
Live-in Care Company Palatine IL
24 Hour Home Care Hoffman Estates IL
24 Home Care Services Park Ridge IL
Live in Home Care Services Fort Myers FL