Assisting Hands Schaumburg would like to congratulate our November 2017 caregiver of the month, Crystal M. Angelilli-Bauler. Crystal has shown outstanding commitment to providing compassionate care and companionship to our clients and she never hesitates to go the extra mile to ensure her client’s comfort and safety. Assisting Hands Schaumburg has a reputation of providing high quality and compassionate home care for seniors and we are proud to reward Crystal for upholding our values.
National Family Caregiver Month
November is quite a month to be rewarded as the caregiver of the month because it is also National Family Caregiver Month. Throughout the month of November, those of us in the caregiving industry raise awareness for informal caregivers who take care of their family members out of a sense of love and duty. Many of these family caregivers also have jobs and immediate families to take care of, which makes caregiving a demanding and stressful job. In honor of National Family Caregivers Month, we would like to provide some suggestions on how you can help support these unsung heroes.
- Show caregivers encouragement: It is common for family caregivers to feel like what they do is being taken for granted or not appreciated. Giving them words of encouragement to let them know they are valued can go a long way.
- Offer to help: Offer to help a caregiver with small tasks such as cooking dinner or picking up their kids from school.
- Spend time with them: Spend some time with the caregiver and their family members and offer to sit in for a while so the caregiver can run errands.
- Refer them to other resources: If the caregiver you know needs additional help, refer them to other resources who can help such as Assisting Hands Schaumburg.
- Encourage them to join caregiver support groups: There are millions of adults in the U.S. that provide informal care for family members and support groups to help. Joining a caregiver support group will remind the caregiver that there are many just like them who also need support, and it will give them a much-needed break.
If you have family members that could benefit from professional home care services in the Schaumburg, IL area, contact Assisting Hands Schaumburg for assistance from our professional caregivers.