Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s is an extremely challenging experience for families. As Alzheimer’s disease progresses, the physical and mental demands on the caregiver can gradually become overwhelming. Physical tasks like bathing, dressing, and toileting may require total assistance. In-home care is most often the best choice, as many families prefer to keep their parents at home so that they can remain in familiar surroundings with less disruption in routines, resulting in reduced confusion.
Let Assisting Hands Home Care help you
At Assisting Hands we believe in using a team approach that includes coordination with doctors, nurses, social workers, therapists, family members, and others involved in our client’s healthcare needs. Our Quality Caregivers are trained to adapt to the changing needs of the patient because no two people experience Alzheimer’s disease in the same way. As a result, there’s no one approach to caregiving. Our main goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and the family.
Our caregivers can assist you with:
• Coordinating all medical and support services.
• Developing day-to-day routines and activities.
• Effectively use of verbal and non-verbal communications techniques.
• Hygiene, ambulation, and transfers.
• Securing a safe home environment to prevent falls.
• Incontinence prevention and care.
• Shopping, healthy meal preparation, eating assistance.
• Light housekeeping and routine errands.
• Transporting to and from medical, therapy, or other appointments.
• Medication reminders.
• Patient assessment and monitoring of vital signs.
• Assessing for fall risk due to unsteady gait or dizziness and implementing a prevention plan.
The Assisting Hands Difference
• All of our caregivers are Assisting Hands Home Care employees. We do not hire “contract” personnel.
• The most important credential is that they are caring and compassionate people who enjoy helping others!
• We only hire Quality Caregivers and they are all CERTIFIED, INSURED and BONDED by us. They also undergo a thorough background check.
• We require all of our caregivers to have CPR training.
• We track our caregivers using an electronic monitoring program that alerts us if a caregiver doesn’t arrive on time. This ensures coverage and a timely response.
Click on the image to watch the video
• We are available 24 hours a day/365 days a year.
• Services are provided at the hospital,independent or assisted living community, skilled nursing facility, or at home.
• We provide flexible schedule with hourly, day or night care. As well as around the clock service.
• The Plan of Care will be based on your doctor’s instructions and your specific needs and supervised by our care team.
Getting Started is Easy!
Call us today for a FREE consultation with our home care specialist.