As we are faced with another month of social distancing many grocery store chains are offering more options for pick and delivery now more than ever. Grocery stores while once a friendly place, now seem to be a place to stay away from unless necessary. Below you will find resources for stores that are currently offering pick up or delivery services for little to no charge as well as tips for handling groceries once you are home. Help flatten the curb and enjoy the convenience of grocery pickup or delivery today!
Here are some stores currently offering pick up or delivery of groceries:
- Amazon Fresh – must have a prime membership
- Google Shopping-offering mostly non-perishable items
Here are some tips on how to handle those groceries once they are delivered/picked up:
- Wipe down with anti-bacterial wipes both the bag and containers/boxes to avoid bringing unwanted bacteria into your home
- Wear gloves when handling products that have not been wiped down or can’t be wiped down
- If shopping in the store use the self-check out options if available
- Wash all fruits and vegetables with warm water and a vegetable scrubber
- Choose contactless delivery-often times they will just drop the groceries at your front door.
If you have any additional questions feel free to call Assisting Hands Schaumburg at 847-857-6166.