Home Health Care – a Viable Alternative to Assisted Living Facilities and Nursing Homes
In previous generations, senior citizens who could no longer live on their own without assistance were faced with a couple of different choices; move to a nursing home or assisted living facility or have a family member live in the home to provide care.
As more baby boomers are reaching the age of retirement, they have come to prefer a different option that was not as available to their parents; home health care.
One of the most difficult parts about aging is giving up the home you worked so hard for and losing the independence that comes with living in your own home.
With in-home care services from agencies such as Assisting Hands Home Care, senior citizens have the option of getting the care they need from trained professionals, so they can continue to live in their homes.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides in-home care services for senior citizens and adults with disabilities in Inverness, IL.
We employ highly trained and certified caregivers who have the skills and compassion to be an excellent caregiver and companion for your loved ones.
Our caregivers are ready to provide assistance with personal care and grooming as well as duties like light housekeeping and meal preparation.
In-Home Care for Seniors and Adults in Inverness IL
Our trained, certified, and insured caregivers can help senior citizens and adults in Inverness, IL who face difficult situations. The following can benefit the most from our in-home care:
- Senior citizens living at home
- Adults with disabilities or chronic conditions
- Hospice patients
- Adults and seniors recovering from surgery
- New or expectant mothers, especially for high risk pregnancies
How Home Care Services Work
Our home care services begin with a visit to the home of your loved one by one of our representatives. We will evaluate the home to determine its safety and have a discussion with you and your loved one to understand their care needs.
After this discussion, we will work with you and your loved ones to create a schedule and a care plan that covers all of their most important needs.
If there is a family member already taking care of your loved ones, we can coordinate the schedule so that there are no overlaps or gaps in care.
Once the care plan is set, we will assign a caregiver who we believe is a great fit for your loved ones.
List of Non-Medical Home Care Services in Inverness offered by Assisting Hands
The home care services provided by Assisting Hands Home Care in Inverness, IL may include the following:
- Care Management: We will work with you and your loved one to create a care schedule that works for all involved, including any family caregivers. We will also ensure that care needs are being met and we will communicate regularly with the client’s family.
- Personal Care and Grooming: It is tough for some seniors to handle their personal hygiene due to either physical or mental limitations. Our caregivers will help your loved ones with their personal care including dressing, bathing, toileting, and other aspects of personal care and grooming.
- Meal Preparation: We can help those who have trouble preparing their own meals by making meals each day and helping with the cleanup and grocery shopping.
- Errands and Transportation: Seniors who can no longer drive have lost a little of their freedom to get to where they need to go. Our caregivers will provide rides for your loved ones to get them to doctor appointments, religious services, and family gatherings, and we can also help take care of important errands.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will make sure the home of your loved one stays clean and sanitary by taking care of light housekeeping duties such as laundry, dusting, and vacuuming.
- Companionship: Our caregivers do more for your loved ones than provide care, we also provide them with valuable companionship. We will get to know your loved ones personally and keep them regularly engaged with fun activities.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Those affected by Alzheimer’s or dementia require special care to keep them safe and engaged. Our caregivers are trained to care for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia and we also engage those affected in memory exercises that help slow memory loss.
- Respite Care: If your loved ones are taken care of by a family caregiver, we can give the caregiver some time off with our respite care services. With these services, we will schedule times for our caregivers to take over while your family caregiver gets a break.
- Post-Operative Care: It is never easy to recover from a surgery and trying to do too much can cause a setback. Our caregivers can help you or your loved ones recover from surgery by monitoring your condition and medications and taking care of house work.
- Overnight Caregivers: If your loved one needs someone present in the home overnight to respond in case they need assistance or there is an emergency, we can help with our overnight care services. We will send a caregiver to the home each evening who will stay awake throughout the night and help with morning routines.
- Live-In/ 24-Hour Care: We understand that some seniors need assistance 24 hours a day. We offer live-in care in which a caregiver will live in the home for 3-4 days at a time, as well as 24-hour care in which two caregivers alternate shifts so that there is always a caregiver awake and alert in the home.
Paying for Care with Long Term Care Insurance
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we understand that the cost of home care services can be difficult for families.
We accept long term care insurance to help pay for the care for your loved ones. Talk to our representatives if your elderly relatives have long term care insurance to learn more about how this can cover their in-home care.
If you have elderly parents or relatives in Inverness, IL that could benefit from having professional caregivers in their home, contact Assisting Hands Home Care.
We will work with you and your loved ones to create a comprehensive care plan and ensure that this plan is carried out by one of our licensed and insured caregivers.