Living with cancer is a difficult and painful process that takes remarkable courage and willpower to get through. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we do everything in our power to help you through this difficult time with our cancer care at home services in Hoffman Estates, IL.
Through these in-home cancer care services, we help affected individuals get through their day-to-day activities, treatments, and recovery.
Our ultimate goal is to make patients feel comfortable and give them and their family members greater peace of mind.
Help for Cancer Patients at Home
Cancer is the second leading cause of death in the United States and can result in significant pain and discomfort throughout the battle. Our specially trained caregivers will remain by your side in order to provide assistance when you need it the most. Some examples include the following:
- Day-to-Day Activities: Cancer and its treatments can cause a number of crippling side effects. Pain, weakness, and other consequences can make it impossible for affected individuals to care for themselves. Our caregivers assist with everyday activities in order to help cancer patients get through their days more comfortably, and to provide greater peace of mind to family members.
- Through Treatment and Recovery: Surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy are all treatments that can be necessary in order to effectively battle cancer. Our caregivers provide both moral support and physical caregiving services to help throughout the treatment and recovery process. We can arrange for rides to and from appointments and make the process more manageable.
- During Emergencies: Individuals who are fighting cancer sometimes take a heavy blow out of the blue. Our home care aides will be there for you when you need it the most and contact appropriate personnel in the case of emergencies. Our caretakers are trained in CPR and First Aid in order to assist while medical help is on its way.
In-Home Cancer Care Services
The struggle with day-to-day activities is often what makes fighting cancer so difficult. Sometimes it seems like every step forward results in two steps back. Our caregivers truly care about your well-being and will do everything they can to make your battle easier. Some of the services that we provide include:
- Overall care management
- Transportation services
- Light housekeeping services
- Post-treatment care
- Meal preparation services
- Assistance with maintaining personal hygiene (from changing clothes to bathing)
- Getting ready in the mornings and nights
Depending on your needs, we can provide around-the-clock care, or as-you-need-it care. We do everything in our power to assist cancer patients in the Hoffman Estates, IL, area and we accept long term care insurance to help cover our services.
To learn more about our cancer care at home services, or to schedule an appointment, contact our Assisting Hands Home Care representatives at (847) 448-0844