From playing board games and card games to simple conversations to doing hobbies and recreational activities, having a caring companion for your loved one to spend time with can make a world of difference.
Socializing is important for one to live a happy, healthy, long life. Seniors benefit from social engagement, because it helps them remain mentally sharp and quick-witted.
But, as a person grows older, it is harder for them to go out, socialize, and visit family and friends. Mobility is more difficult and so are everyday tasks, taking a lot of time out of the day.
Because of this, senior companion care is a favorable service worth considering for your loved ones in Palatine, IL.
We offer the following with our companion care services at Assisting Hands Home Care:
- A Lifelong Companion: Our companion caregivers may be employed as such, but this is more than just work. We genuinely want to learn about and get to know both you and your loved ones to form friendships.
- Encouraging Exercise: Seniors are often assigned by their doctors to do light mobility exercises only to ignore them. Our home companions will encourage clients to do such exercises even when unassigned. Not only will the exercises preserve one’s mobility, but also improve one’s overall health and increase one’s energy levels.
- Friendly Conversations: Whether it be talking about their lives, family events, or things they’ve seen, seniors enjoy reminiscing. To stimulate healthy doses of dialogue through the day, our caregivers will thoroughly engage in pleasant conversation with your loved ones. It will arouse brain activity and add a human element to the week.
- Planning Social Activities: Whether weekly visits are scheduled or your loved one needs 24-hour care, our caregivers assist in planning social activities for you or your loved ones to keep them busy over the course of the week. Such social interaction is of great benefit for their overall well-being and vitality.
- Stimulating Active Thinking: Some clients may not be interested in conversation or participating in social activities, but we will still engage them in active thinking events. We typically do this by using various hobbies, games, and favorite pastimes. These events keep them mentally active, which will help with preventing mental decline.
We offer our companion care services for those in the Palatine, IL area, and we can schedule either 24-hour care or weekly visits. We will work with you and your loved ones to let you pick your own schedule to best fit your needs.
To learn more about Assisting Hands Home Care’s companion care services, call us at (847) 448-0844.