Elderly Companion Care Services from Assisting Hands Schaumburg
One of the most important services that we provide here at Assisting Hands Schaumburg is companion care.
Whether it is participating in hobbies and recreational activities, playing board games and various card games, or simply chatting throughout the day, having a caring companion by you or your loved one’s side can do wonders.
In order to live a long, happy, and healthy life, it is important to have social engagement. This is especially true for seniors, as it keeps them mentally sharp and quick witted.
However, when an individual ages, it becomes more difficult for them to go out and visit old friends and family. Not only are mobility requirements harder to fulfill, but everyday tasks themselves take up much of the day, as well.
All of these reasons and more are why having senior companion care is such a beneficial opportunity.
When you choose Assisting Hands Schaumburg for companion care services, you can expect the following:
- Friendly Conversations: Seniors love to reminisce about their lives, things they have seen, and events in their family. Our home companions will engage you or your loved ones in friendly conversation to stimulate a healthy amount of dialogue throughout the day. This arouses brain activity, and provides a very human element to the week.
- Planning Social Activities: Whether you would like to schedule weekly visits or 24-hour care, our caring companions will help plan various social activities to keep you or your loved ones busy throughout the week. Social interaction does wonders for vitality and overall wellbeing.
- Encouraging Exercise: Seniors are notorious for being assigned light mobility exercises by doctors, and promptly ignoring them. Our home companions encourage their clients to participate in these exercises, even if they are not assigned. This does more than one might think to preserve mobility, increase energy levels, and improve overall health.
- Stimulating Active Thinking: Even if you or your loved ones are not interested in lengthy conversations or social activities, we still engage our clients in active thinking events. This is generally done through various pastimes, hobbies, and games. We do this because staying mentally active has been proven to prevent mental decline, and improve overall quality of life.
- A Companion for Life: Our companion caregivers truly want to get to know you and your loved ones. This is more than a job to us, and we look forward to growing a tremendous friendship with you.
We service those in the Schaumburg, IL area, and can arrange weekly visits or 24-hour care. We allow you to choose your own schedule in order to meet your specific needs. We look forward to meeting you soon!