If you or someone else provides one of your loved ones with care during the daytime, you should also consider getting them an overnight caregiver.
Because of the stress caregiving can cause both mentally and physically, family caregivers cannot provide proper care at all times. The same goes for live-in caregivers, despite their training, because they’ll inevitably get tired as well.
Overnight Care — Who’s This Service For?
Unfortunately, the worst tends to happen during the nighttime, which is when many people are without care. Because of this, you should consider an overnight caregiver for your loved one. An overnight caregiver who is well-rested, energized, and alert ensures that your loved one will be properly and effectively cared for during the night if necessary.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide overnight care services so that your loved ones in Des Plaines, IL can be covered at night.
We have found that our overnight care services are most beneficial for people affected by the following conditions:
- Dementia: People who are affected by dementia have been known to wake up in a confused state only to start wandering around aimlessly. They usually feel at ease when seeing their caregiver’s friendly face.
- Post-Surgery: Recovering from a surgery takes a lot of time and typically comes with a lot of discomfort and pain. As such, it can be tough for individuals in such a position to sleep. Our caregivers can help with getting in and out of bed and switching their sleeping positions to ensure their comfort.
- Fall Prevention: Elderly individuals tend to wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, so our caregivers will help with nighttime bathroom trips, reducing the potential for falls and other injuries.
- Vision Loss: Recent statistics have shown that 1 out of every 3 older adults has a disease that affects their vision. That said, nighttime can be especially dangerous for seniors who don’t have good vision. Our caregivers will assist them by being their eyes, guiding them to the bathroom and back in a safe manner.
Our experienced caregivers can assist with the following tasks:
- Getting washed up and dressed for bed
- Getting in and out of bed
- Getting to the bathroom safely in the middle of the night
- Reminding clients to take proper medication
- Helping with other nighttime tasks
Nighttime Healthcare Provider You Can Trust
A lot of the home care aids that we employ at Assisting Hands Home Care are Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) who live in or near Des Plaines, IL. Aside from being well trained, our caregivers are bonded and insured and have undergone a thorough background check. We also have many caregivers who are multilingual, so we are confident in knowing we have some of the best caregivers in the in-home care industry.
Additionally, our caregivers take classes throughout the year to ensure they stay updated with the latest in the industry. Caregivers can provide personal assistance and help with meal preparation, transportation, and housekeeping. They will also be a good companion to your loved ones, treating them with respect and dignity.
If you need someone to care for your loved one throughout the night, get in touch with Assisting Hands Home Care for our overnight care services. We will provide your loved one with a qualified, compassionate caregiver who will help with whatever is needed. You can feel at ease knowing someone is with your relative in case an emergency comes up.
Request a Free Consultation
Call (847) 448-0844 for Assisting Hands Home Care’s overnight care services in Des Plaines, IL, and the surrounding areas.
Overnight Caregivers in Park Ridge, IL
Overnight Care in Elk Grove Village, IL
Overnight Home Care in Palatine, IL
Overnight Care at Home in Schaumburg, IL
Overnight Home Aide in Hoffman Estates, IL
Overnight Care Services in Rolling Meadows, IL