At Assisting Hands Home Care, we offer a viable alternative to assisted living facilities and nursing homes through our home health care services in Harwood Heights, IL.
Our compassionate caregivers are trained and certified to assist physically and mentally limited individuals with a number of day-to-day activities. From short-term respite care services to 24-hour care, we are available to help in your time of need.
Who Can Benefit from Home Health Care?
Anybody with physical or mental limitations can benefit from home health care services. This most commonly applies to seniors but can include a number of others with unique circumstances of their own. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we regularly assist the following:
- Senior citizens
- Disabled adults
- Individuals recovering from a surgery or operation
- Adults with chronic conditions
- New and expectant mothers (especially if high-risk pregnancies are involved)
- Hospice patients
- Other limited individuals
In-Home Health Care Services to Fit Your Needs
The best part about our home health care services is the fact that your loved one can receive the care they need in the comfort of home. Before we provide our services, we will perform a safety evaluation of your loved one’s home and meet with them and family members to draft an appropriate care plan. From here, we will provide our non-medical healthcare services.
Our caregivers are trained and certified to provide the following:
- Care Management: We have the experience required to oversee the caregiving process and ensure that your loved one’s needs are being met at all times.
- Personal Care and Grooming: From using the restroom and bathing to changing clothes, our caregivers will assist with any personal care needs.
- Meal Preparation: In many cases, it is not safe or realistic for a limited individual to cook multiple nutritious meals every day. Our caregivers can take care of grocery shopping, cooking, and cleaning to ensure your loved one receives healthy meals.
- General Transportation: Our caregivers can run errands and drive your loved one to various events (such as family gatherings, religious services, doctor’s appointments, etc.).
- Light Housekeeping: Cleaning the home can be a rather lengthy and strenuous process. Our caregivers assist with tasks like vacuuming, dusting, mopping, doing laundry, etc.
- Memory Care: Our caregivers provide personable Alzheimer’s and dementia care services to slow down the progression of memory loss and keep your loved one mentally engaged.
- Respite Care: If you provide informal caregiving services for a loved one, we can step in to give you a short-term or long-term break. Our schedules are flexible and designed to help you in your time of need.
- Post-Operative Care: Most patients these days are sent home before they are fully recovered from a surgery. We will oversee the recovery process to help your loved one follow doctor’s orders and avoid hospital readmission.
- Overnight Care: Because of fatigue, low-light conditions, and similar factors, many accidents occur during the night. Our caregivers remain attentive through the night to help as needed.
- 24-Hour/Live-In Care: We offer these two versions of around-the-clock care to ensure your loved one has access to a caregiver 24/7. Our caregivers are trained in CPR and first aid and can respond to emergencies.
- Companionship: No matter which services your loved one needs, we will provide a smiling face to help along the way. We pride ourselves on providing compassionate, one-on-one services.
Call to Receive Home Health Care Services
We are happy to address any of your questions or concerns and accept long-term care insurance for greater affordability. We offer our in-home caregiving services to families in need in the Harwood Heights, IL, area.
To utilize our home health care services, contact our Assisting Hands Home Care representatives at (847) 448-0844.