Overnight Care – Who’s This Service For?
If you’ve been taking care of a loved one for any amount of time, or even if you have someone taking care of them during the day, you may still need an overnight caregiver.
Family caregivers just can’t provide effective care around the clock. Taking care of a parent or relative day after day takes its toll on you both mentally and physically. Even live-in caregivers who have been trained to do that eventually get tired. As luck would have it the worst seems to always happen at night.
For that reason, you should consider having someone present overnight who’s well rested, awake and alert in case of an emergency.
Based on our experience, we get hired most often to help seniors affected by the following:
- Dementia: It’s not uncommon for people affected by dementia to wake up confused and wander aimlessly. Often, all they need is to see the friendly face of their caregiver to feel at ease.
- Post-Surgery: Recovering from surgery is a lengthy process. Because of the pain and discomfort, those who have recently had surgery have difficulty sleeping. Our trained caregivers will be there to help them get in and out of bed and change positions during the night as many times as needed.
- Fall Prevention: Seniors wake up more often during the night to go to the bathroom. Our overnight care professionals can help them make these bathroom trips to reduce the risk of falls and the injuries that can result from them.
- Vision Loss: According to recent stats, 1 out of 3 older adults have a vision-related disease. That’s why for those senior citizens who can’t see well, nighttime can be very dangerous. Our overnight caretakers could be the eyes you need at night to help you get to the bathroom and back safely.
Our Experienced Caregivers Can Help with the Following:
- Getting ready for bed – assistance with dressing and washing up
- Safely getting in bed at night and out of bed when you wake up
- Getting to the restroom in the middle of the night or any other assistance needed during the night
- Reminders to take medication
Assisting Hands Home Care – Nighttime Healthcare Provider You Can Trust
Many of our passionate home care aids are Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) that live in or around Schaumburg, IL.
In addition to being highly trained, they have also successfully passed a thorough background check and are bonded and insured for your peace of mind. Many of our caregivers can speak more than one language. Because of that we can say with certainty that our caretakers are among the best if not the best in the industry.
And finally, they routinely undergo training to keep up to date with the latest in-home care. Our caregivers are highly skilled to provide personal assistance as well as other types of care that may be needed such as housekeeping, meal preparation and transportation.
In addition to providing skilled care, our caregivers also provide your loved ones with good companionship. We hire caregivers that have the skill and compassion to effectively care for your loved ones and treat them with dignity and respect.
Whenever you need help caring for your loved ones during the night keep us in mind. Our skilled caregivers will be alert through the night to provide assistance for your elderly parent or sibling.
Having an experienced professional by their side to respond to emergencies will give you peace of mind.