While many family members of loved ones in need can manage to care for them during the day, it is often difficult to extend this care into the night. This opens the door to a number of negative outcomes and is why we offer overnight care services for seniors here at Assisting Hands Home Care in Hoffman Estates IL.
Through these home care services, we help part-time family caregivers keep an eye on their loved ones in the evenings and mornings.
This allows you to remain alert and attentive during the day and provides your loved one with more attentive care at night. We also will accept long term care insurance to help cover the cost.
Who Can Benefit from Overnight Care
While elderly individuals make up a large portion of our clientele, there are a number of others who can benefit from our overnight care services, as well. They generally include people affected by the following:
- Dementia: Individuals affected by dementia and other forms of memory loss often experience confusion when they wake up. They do not always know where they are, or what time of day it is, and can wander aimlessly. The friendly presence of a caregiver can calm their nerves, and get their day started right.
- A Recent Surgery: Anybody who has had a major surgery understands how difficult it can be to get through the night. The recovery is long and painful, and sleeping can seem impossible at times. Our overnight caregivers can assist during these times.
- A History of Falling: Falls often occur at night and in the early morning when individuals get up to use the restroom. They can be tired and disoriented, which leads to these incidents. Our caregivers help those in need move around at night and significantly reduce the risk of an accident occurring.
- Vision Loss: Recent statistics show that one out of three seniors is affected by a vision-related disease. This opens the door to potential accidents at night when there is low visibility. Our caregivers provide a helping hand to prevent needless incidents from occurring.
Other Ways You Will Benefit
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we offer the services of highly trained and talented caregiving professionals. We have the certification required to provide overnight care and will do everything in our power to provide a safe and effective experience. Some of the specific tasks that they can assist with include:
- Getting ready for bed (changing clothes and washing up)
- Safely getting into and out of the bed as needed
- Getting to and from the restroom in the middle of the night (we can assist throughout the duration of this task as needed)
- Medication reminders
Overall, it is important to recognize that the night can be a dangerous time for individuals in need of care. Through our overnight caregiving services, we will provide your loved one with the attentive care they need to ensure all parties receive greater peace of mind.
We are proud to offer these services to those in need in Hoffman Estates, IL.
To learn more, or to schedule an appointment, you can reach our Assisting Hands Home Care representatives at (847) 448-0844.