Senior Companion Care Services from Assisting Hands Schaumburg
When individuals enter their golden years, everyday activities that most of us take for granted can become a physical and even mental burden. In many cases, the loss of being able to live a truly independent life because of physical shortcomings is difficult to cope with.
Here at Assisting Hands Home Care Schaumburg, we offer full personal assistance services to help you or your loved ones continue to live an independent life, but with the added assurance provided by a personal care assistant.
Our personal care aides are trained to help with all aspects of day to day life. Many of these benefits are included in our standard personal care services. These include assistance for, but not limited to:
- Taking Medication
- Oral Hygiene
- Incontinence Care
- General Mobility (to and from the bed, toilet, wheelchair, etc.)
All of our personal care services are personally tailored with specific individuals in mind. However, our personal assistance services do not stop here.
Companionship Services – What’s Included
When you choose Assisting Hands Schaumburg for personal home care, you can expect the following in addition to our general personal care services:
- Meal Preparation: Good nutrition alone can drastically improve the quality of life and overall health for any individual, and especially seniors. Our caregivers can perform any necessary tasks to provide meals (e.g. grocery shopping, preparing personalized meals, serving the meals, aiding with eating, and cleaning up afterwards).
- Transportation & Errands: As stated prior, our personal care assistants can pick up specific groceries for you or your loved ones. This includes food, prescriptions, and other needed items. We can essentially take care of any routine errands. We also provide senior transportation services to comply with any needs like doctor appointments, family events etc.
- Light Housekeeping: We never want our clients to live in dusty or dirty homes. This is why our personal care aides provide light housekeeping to keep your living space clean as a whistle. This includes things like vacuuming, dusting, washing dishes, taking out garbage, making the bed, sweeping and mopping floors, and other maintenance tasks.
- Companionship: Most importantly, we provide seniors with a companion that they can get to know and rely on over time. What the human touch is for infants is what general camaraderie is for the elderly. Having somebody to talk to, play cards or board games with, or participate in other hobbies and recreational activities helps to keep minds sharp and wits quick.
As we stated before, all of our personal assistance services are tailored with you or your loved one specifically in mind. Our personal care assistants are just as pleased to get to know their clients as you are to meet them.
We can arrange weekly visits or 24-hour care depending on your needs. All of us here at Assisting Hands Schaumburg look forward to getting to know you soon!
If you live in the Schaumburg, IL area, and are interested in utilizing our personal care aides for general personal assistance services, then contact our representatives at (847) 448-0844