At Assisting Hands Home Care, we put a major emphasis on getting to know our clients and providing them with a great overall care experience. One way we do this is through our companion care services for the elderly in Hoffman Estates, IL.
Senior citizens benefit greatly from companionship because of the simple fact that they are unable to get out and about as often as they could in the past. This isolation can lead to depression and other complications.
Through our services, we get to know our clients, hold stimulating conversations, and participate in their favorite hobbies and recreational activities. We also accept long term insurance to help cover the cost of our care.
Caring Elderly Companions
Each individual is different, which is why we customize our companion care services based on who we are working with. Some of the things that you can expect from these services include:
- Friendly Conversations: We all know elderly individuals who love to chat the day away. They reminisce about past experiences, talk about loving family members, and bounce around between a number of other topics. Our caregivers are happy to actively engage in these conversations to stimulate brain activity, and simply make the day more enjoyable.
- Assistance with Planning Social Activities: Because of limited mobility and similar factors, it can be difficult for aging individuals to plan, and participate in, social activities. Our caregivers help solve this problem by setting up social activities and getting clients to and from various events.
- Exercise Encouragement: Senior citizens are notoriously stubborn when it comes to following doctors’ recommendations. This is particularly true in the case of prescribed exercises. Our in-home companions encourage clients to participate in these kinds of exercises in order to preserve mobility, increase energy levels, and improve overall health. When possible, we do this even if exercises are not officially assigned.
- Mental Stimulation and Active Thinking: One of the best ways to preserve brain activity and memory functions is to stay mentally active. Even if our senior clients are not interested in holding lengthy conversations, we still engage in active thinking activities. These can include various games and hobbies that require attention. The ultimate goal in this regard is to keep seniors mentally sharp.
- Lifelong Companionship: As unfortunate as it sounds, many elderly people lose friends and loved ones as they age. Our companion care aides understand this, and truly want to be there for their clients. Nobody chooses to grow old; it is simply a fact of life. We treat all of our clients with the utmost respect and compassion. We truly want to become lifelong companions.
We offer companionship services to those in need in Hoffman Estates, IL, and look forward to getting to know you soon.
Request a Free Consultation
To take advantage of our companion care services, simply contact our Assisting Hands Home Care representatives at (847) 448-0844.