Our elderly relatives deserve our respect for the sacrifices they have made over the years for their families. Many families pay their respects to those relatives that came before them by providing them with care as they get older. In-home care from a trusted family member can help your elderly relatives live safely and comfortably at home instead of going to a nursing home or assisted living facility. While some families can pull this off relatively easily, most families will have a difficult time providing care themselves for an elderly loved one.
The care needs of senior citizens living at home tend to increase as they get older, making it much more difficult for family members to provide them with adequate care. Even if a family member does volunteer to help, providing informal care is very demanding. They will likely devote long hours to providing care which can cause them to lose sleep and become stressed and spend less time focusing on their immediate families or careers. Hiring a trusted home care service like Assisting Hands Home Care will ensure that your elderly relatives receive quality care and spare your family the trouble of providing care without outside assistance.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide senior citizens in Aurora, IL with quality elderly care services in their homes. Our professionals will meet with you and your loved ones for a discussion and an evaluation of their care needs and create a thorough care plan based on this discussion. Our caregivers have all been carefully screened and they are licensed, bonded, and insured to provide quality, compassionate care in the homes of your loved ones.
Complete Elderly Care in Aurora, IL
The care plans we create for your elderly loved ones are personalized to cover their unique care needs. Our elderly home care plans may consist of the following tasks for our caregivers:
- Care management
- Personal assistance
- Errands and transportation
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation
- 24-Hour care
- Live-in care
We can include the following types of specialized care in the care plan for your elderly relatives:
- Personal Care: Our caregivers will provide assistance to your loved ones to help them with personal activities of daily living including dressing, bathing, and using the restroom.
- Companionship: As our caregivers provide care for your loved ones, they will also build a personal relationship with them and be their social companion. We do this by engaging your loved ones in their favorite hobbies and friendly conversation.
- Fall Prevention: Senior citizens can experience serious injuries from a fall. Our caregivers will reduce the risk of falls for your elderly loved ones by helping them move throughout the home and removing obstacles that present a trip hazard.
- Transportation and Errands: Many seniors no longer drive which makes it difficult to get to appointments and take care of errands. Our caregivers can provide rides to doctor appointments and events and help with errands like grocery shopping.
- Meal Preparation: Malnutrition is a serious problem among senior citizens. Our caregivers will prepare meals for your loved ones each day according to their dietary restrictions.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will help keep your loved ones’ home clean with certain housekeeping tasks including vacuuming, dusting, washing dishes, and doing laundry.
- Respite Care: If your elderly loved ones are cared for by a family member, we can provide them with relief with our respite care services. Our caregiver can take over and provide care for your loved ones at scheduled times so the family caregiver can take time off.
- Overnight Care: The night time can be a very stressful time if your elderly loved ones live alone. With our overnight care services, our caregiver will come in the evening and stay awake throughout the night to provide any assistance needed and respond to emergencies.
- Live-In/ 24-Hour Care: If your elderly relatives need someone in their home 24 hours a day, we can help with our live-in and 24-hour care services. With our live-in care services, our caregiver will live in the home and take some time to sleep at night. With our 24-hour care services, two caregivers alternate shifts and stay awake their entire shift.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Caring for seniors affected by Alzheimer’s or dementia is a challenge that is difficult for many families to handle. Our caregivers are trained to provide care for those suffering from these diseases that includes memory exercises and positive reinforcement to diffuse agitation and mood swings.
- Post-Surgical Care: Senior citizens returning home from surgery may have a difficult time recovering without assistance. We can provide care for your loved ones after surgery that includes help with medication reminders, condition monitoring, and housekeeping activities.
Your elderly loved ones deserve the best possible care if they have chosen to age in their homes. If you have elderly relatives living at home in Aurora, IL, contact Assisting Hands Home Care to learn more about how we can help with our elderly care services. Give us a call at (630) 332-2203 to talk to one of our professionals.