Our elderly relatives have spent much of their lives providing for their families which is why they are often the most respected family members by the time they reach their golden years. When they reach the point where they need help to live safely in their homes, family members tend to step in to provide them with the assistance they need. However, many families may not be able to sustain this type of care.
Providing care for an elderly relative may be reasonable at first, but as their care needs increase, this will make it more difficult on the family caregiver. People in this position typically have families and jobs that they must balance with caregiving and this demanding schedule can lead to fatigue and even negative health effects for the family caregiver. Hiring a home care agency like Assisting Hands Home Care to help will ensure that your loved ones get the proper care to spend their retirement at home.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides elder care services in Bartlett, IL area for senior citizens who have chosen to age in place. We will create a complete care plan and schedule for your elderly loved ones that will ensure all of their care needs are met. Our caregivers are licensed and certified to provide effective in-home care and they take a compassionate approach to be a companion as well as a caregiver to your elderly relatives.
Elder Care Services in Bartlett, IL
We create personalized care plans for your elderly loved ones depending on their specific needs and schedules. We can include these basic care services in your elderly care plan:
- Meal preparation
- Care management
- Personal assistance
- Errands and transportation
- Light housekeeping
- Live-in care
- 24-hour care
The following specialized services can also be part of the care plan for your elderly loved ones:
- Personal Care: We can provide a range of personal care services for your loved ones including help with restroom use, bathing, getting dressed, and other personal hygiene activities.
- Meal Preparation: It is important for seniors to have regular meals, but they may not be able to prepare meals on their own. Our caregivers will prepare meals for your loved ones and account for their dietary restrictions.
- Fall Prevention: Falls are one of the most common causes of injuries among the elderly. Our caregivers will clear pathways in the home so there are no trip hazards and escort your loved ones through the home to help prevent falls.
- Light Housekeeping: Keeping the home clean becomes harder with age. Our caregivers can take care of light housekeeping tasks such as laundry, vacuuming, and dusting to keep the home in good condition.
- Transportation and Errands: If your elderly loved ones do not drive, we can help them run errands such as grocery shopping and give them rides to doctor appointments, family gatherings, and other important events.
- Companionship: Our caregivers strive to be more than just a caregiver for your elderly loved ones, we will also be their companion. We engage your loved ones in conversation to learn more about them and we will also participate in their favorite hobbies with them.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Seniors who suffer from Alzheimer’s or dementia need specialized care to stay safe in their homes. We are trained to care for those suffering from these issues, and we can even engage them in memory exercises to help reduce their memory loss.
- Respite Care: Providing care yourself for an elderly loved one is admirable, but also very difficult to do without help. We can provide respite care services to care for your loved ones while you take some time off to tend to your personal business.
- Overnight Care: Leaving your loved ones home alone through the night can be difficult to do because there is no one there to respond to emergencies or provide assistance in the middle of the night. We offer overnight care services in which a caregiver will arrive in the evening and stay in the home through the night to provide any assistance needed.
- Live-In/ 24-Hour Care: Some seniors may need someone nearby 24 hours a day if they have a chronic illness or serious condition. We can have one of our caregivers in the home of your loved one 24 hours a day with our live-in care services and 24-hour care services. With our live-in care services, a caregiver will live in the home but sleep at night while an awake caregiver is always in the home with our 24-hour care.
- Post-Surgical Care: Recovering from surgery is especially difficult for senior citizens. If you have an elderly loved one who has recently returned home from surgery, we can help keep them comfortable and remind them to take their medication so they make a strong recovery.
If your elderly relatives have chosen to age at home, they deserve excellent care so they can safely live at home into their golden years. Contact Assisting Hands Home Care if your loved ones could benefit from our elderly home care services in Bartlett, IL area. You can reach us at (630) 332-2203 to learn more about how we can provide personalized care for your elderly relatives.