Elderly relatives are often the most respected members of families because of the sacrifices they’ve made and the time they’ve spent providing for their families. When the time comes for them to need help with everyday living, family members often provide elderly relatives with the necessary care. However, families are not always able to provide sufficient care for seniors on their own.
It may seem reasonable for a family member to provide an elderly loved one with care at first. But with time, seniors’ needs increase, and this can make it difficult for a family caregiver to provide their loved one with the care he/she needs. Family caregivers may already have their own jobs and families to take care of in addition to being an informal caregiver. As such, the demanding schedule can cause family caregivers to suffer from negative health effects. Hiring a caregiver from an elderly home care agency like Assisting Hands Home Care allows senior citizens to get the care they need at home.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide elderly individuals in St. Charles, IL, who have decided to age in place with eldercare services. We develop a thorough, customized care plan for clients and a schedule that works for everyone involved. We employ certified and licensed caregivers who will provide seniors with quality, compassionate in-home care, and companionship.
Elder Home Care Services in St. Charles, IL
We take the time to develop care plans customized to seniors’ unique needs. Within the plan, the following care services can be included:
- 24-hour care
- Care management
- Errands and transportation
- Light housekeeping
- Live-in care
- Meal preparation
- Personal assistance
Care plans can also include the following specialized services:
- Personal Care: We can help with a wide variety of personal care services like bathing, getting dressed, using the restroom, and more personal hygiene activities.
- Meal Preparation: Seniors need to have regular meals but might have trouble preparing meals for themselves. Our caregivers will help by preparing meals that fit seniors’ dietary restrictions.
- Fall Prevention: For elderly individuals, falls are one of the most common injury causes. Knowing this, our caregivers will remove tripping hazards from homes and guide seniors to reduce the risk of falls.
- Light Housekeeping: As people age, it becomes more difficult to clean one’s home. Our caregivers will help keep clients’ homes clean by performing light housekeeping: vacuuming, laundry, and more.
- Transportation and Errands: Our caregivers can help out seniors who don’t drive by providing them with transportation to medical appointments, family events, and more. We can also help run errands, such as picking up prescriptions and getting groceries.
- Companionship: In addition to providing care and assistance, our caregivers will also be companions to your elderly loved ones. We will learn more about them by engaging in conversation and doing their favorite hobbies with them.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: To remain safe at home, elderly individuals suffering from Alzheimer’s disease or dementia require specialized care. Our caregivers have been trained to provide such care and are able to do memory exercises with them in order to limit memory loss.
- Respite Care: Informal caregiving is an admirable task, but oftentimes help is needed. Our caregivers can provide family caregivers with respite care so that they can take a much-needed break while ensuring their elderly loved ones get the care they need.
- Overnight Care: People can be hesitant about leaving their senior relatives at home alone during the night because there’s no one to assist them if needed. Our caregivers can provide overnight care, arriving during the evening and staying throughout the night to address any situations or emergencies that come up.
- Live-In/24-Hour Care: If an elderly individual is in serious condition or has a chronic illness, then he/she may require constant help. We can help with that through our live-in and 24-hour care services. With our live-in care, a caregiver lives at home with the client but sleeps throughout the night. With our 24-hour care, a caregiver is awake to assist the client at all times.
- Post-Surgical Care: Seniors can have an especially tough time recovering from surgery. Our caregivers can help elderly individuals who have recently had surgery by making sure they’re comfortable at home and by reminding them to take necessary medications.
If you have elderly loved ones who have decided to age within the comfort of their own homes, be sure they get the care and assistance they need and deserve. Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (630) 332-2203 for our elderly care services in St. Charles, IL area. We will create a personalized care plan for clients to ensure their unique needs are met.