Some families can care for their elderly relatives themselves by designating one or more members of the family as the caregivers. While this certainly has its benefits, it can be difficult to keep this up because the family caregivers may have jobs and families of their own that need their attention. In these cases, hiring a home care agency to provide elderly care is a great option to help your elderly relatives age in place in their own homes.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide complete elderly care services to help senior citizens in Batavia, IL live safely at home. Our professionals will start by assessing the specific care needs of your loved ones and create a care plan that effectively accommodates their needs. The caregivers of Assisting Hands Home Care must pass a background check and receive the proper training before they are sent to the home of your loved ones. Each of our caregivers are licensed, bonded, and insured and they will treat your loved ones with compassion and respect.
Elderly Home Care Services
The elderly home care services that we provide are customized to ensure that they cover the specific care needs of your loved ones. The following may be included in your elderly care plan:
- Care Management
- Personal Assistance
- Meal Preparation
- Errands and Transportation
- Light Housekeeping
- Live-In Care
- 24-Hour Care
Our elderly care plans may consist of the following specialized services:
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Our caregivers are trained to provide effective care for seniors who are suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. We will help prevent dangerous wandering and engage your loved ones in memory exercises to help slow memory loss.
- Post-Surgical Care: Our caregivers can help those who have recently had surgery by monitoring their condition and managing their medication. We will also handle work around the house so your loved one can rest and recover.
- Respite Care: If your loved ones are cared for by a family caregiver who needs time off, we can help with our respite care services. We will create a schedule for our caregiver to come relieve the family caregiver.
- Overnight Care: If you do not feel comfortable leaving your elderly relatives home alone at night, we can help with our overnight care services. With these services, our caregiver will arrive in the evening to help your loved ones get ready for bed, and they will stay awake all night to provide assistance when needed.
- Live-In / 24-Hour Care: For some seniors, it is beneficial to have someone present 24 hours a day to provide assistance and respond to emergencies. We provide live-in care services to have a caregiver in the home of your loved ones 24 hours a day. We also offer 24-hour care in which two caregivers alternate 12 hour shifts so that someone is always awake and alert in the home.
- Personal Care: We can help your loved ones with their personal care and hygiene which includes help bathing, getting dressed, and using the restroom.
- Fall Prevention: Falls are a common cause of injuries and hospitalization for elderly people. We can help prevent falls in your loved one’s home by clearing trip hazards and assisting them as they move around the home.
- Transportation and Errands: We can help seniors who no longer drive by providing rides to important events like family gatherings and doctor appointments, and we can also take care of errands like grocery shopping.
- Meal Preparation: If your loved ones have trouble preparing their own meals, our caregivers will prepare meals daily to ensure they get enough nutrition. We will always follow necessary dietary restrictions when preparing meals.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will help keep the home clean and organized with light housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming, laundry, and dusting.
- Companionship: Our caregivers are more than just a care provider for your loved ones. They will be an excellent companion for your loved ones and build a personal connection with them through conversation and engaging activities.
If you have elderly relatives living at home in Batavia, Aurora, Bartlett IL and the surround areas, who could benefit from our elderly home care services, contact our professionals at Assisting Hands Home Care. We will assess the care needs of your loved ones and form a complete plan that will help them age in place safely and comfortably. Give us a call at (630) 332-2203 for more about how we can help with our elderly care services.