Disabled adults and senior citizens often prefer aging in place because they find comfort and refuge in a familiar environment. This preference of elderly people in the baby boomer generations leads to an increase in non-medical home health care services. Many families can help their elderly or disabled family members while their symptoms are manageable and mild but may need more help when their loved one’s specific needs become more difficult.
In-Home Care Services in Geneva, IL
Our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care will work with you and your loved one to form a specialized care plan that accounts for their specific needs. Our trained and licensed caregivers will provide quality, personal care to your loved ones at home.
Our caregivers are each licensed, insured, and bonded, and they have completed a background check and additional training during the hiring process. We are certified in First Aid and CPR and can respond to emergencies. Our caregivers will serve as a caring, respectful companion and offer your loved ones with quality care.
Non-Medical Home Health Care
The first step of our in-home care services is performing an assessment of your loved one’s unique care needs. We will form and execute a personalized care plan for your loved one that may involve the following services:
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Our caregivers are trained to offer quality care to those suffering from Alzheimer’s and other memory-related diseases. We will engage your loved one in positive reinforcement and memory exercises in order to diffuse mood swings and agitation.
- Personal Care: Our caregivers will help your loved ones with activities of daily living (ADLs) including bathing, dressing, and using the toilet.
- Companionship: Our caregivers will serve as a social companion to your loved one as they provide quality care. We will build a relationship by engaging your loved ones in friendly conversations and their favorite hobbies.
- 24-Hour/Live-In Care: Our live-in care and 24-hour care services provide help for people who need 24-hour assistance. With live-in care, our caregiver will remain in the home for 2-3 days at a time and with our 24-hour care, two caregivers will alternate 12-hour shifts.
- Respite Care: In many cases, a family member will serve as the primary caregiver and we can provide our respite care services to relieve them temporarily. Our caregiver will provide for your loved one at scheduled times so the family caregiver can have personal time off.
- Overnight Care: If your aging loved one lives alone and you’re worried about their safety at night, our overnight care services will provide a trained caregiver to stay awake and alert throughout the night.
- Fall Prevention: Seniors often experience severe injuries after a fall and our caregivers will help reduce these risks. We will remove obstacles that serve as a trip hazard and help your loved one move throughout the home.
- After Surgery Care: Seniors may have a hard time transitioning after they return from the hospital. Our caregivers will offer care for your loved ones post-surgery that includes housekeeping activities, condition monitoring, and medication reminders.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will perform housekeeping tasks like dusting, vacuuming, doing laundry, and washing dishes to keep your loved one’s home neat and clean.
- Meal Preparation: Our caregivers will prepare regular meals for your loved one that accounts for their specific dietary restrictions.
- Errands and Transportation: Many senior citizens are no longer able to drive, which means running errands and getting to appointments is more difficult. Our caregivers will provide transportation and help with errands like grocery shopping.
Our technicians will cooperate with you and your loved one to form a specialized home care plan that accounts for your loved one’s specific needs. We will assess your loved one during the initial consultation and create an assessment based on the assessment. We will assign a caregiver that we believe is best suited to your loved one’s needs and personality. Our care plans can be adjusted and changed if your loved one’s specific needs evolve.
Your aging loved one deserves the best possible in-home care as they age at home. Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (630) 332-2203 to schedule a free consultation about our home care services at home in Geneva, Aurora, Bartlett, and Batavia, IL.