Many families are able to provide care for their senior relatives during the day, but the nighttime presents a challenge. It is difficult for families to designate a family member who can spend the night in the home of your elderly loved ones and leaving them alone through the night is not an ideal option. Emergencies tend to happen at the worst times, including the middle of the night, and the consequences are always worse if no one is there to provide immediate assistance. Even if a family member can stay in the home, they will most likely be asleep in the middle of the night and won’t react fast enough if here is an emergency.
Assisting Hands Home Care can help your family cover the nighttime with our overnight care services in Aurora, IL. We will assign a licensed caregiver who will stay awake in your loved ones’ home and provide them with care and assistance from the evening until the next morning. The presence of our caregiver through the night will help ensure the safety of your loved ones and cover them in case of a middle of the night emergency.
Trusted Overnight Care
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we only send highly trained and licensed caregivers to stay in the home of your loved ones at night. Our caregivers have undergone background checks and additional training to ensure that they have the skills and compassion to provide quality care that meets our high standards. You can not only expect quality care for your loved ones, but also social companionship as we will take the time to build personal relationships with your loved ones.
Our overnight caregiver arrives each evening before your loved ones go to bed. We will help your loved ones get ready for bed, including dressing, bathing, and other matters of personal hygiene. Once your they are in bed, our caregiver will remain close to help with trips to the restroom, changing positions, and any other assistance that may be needed in the middle of the night. If an emergency occurs, we will be right there to respond.
You or your loved ones can decide where you want our caregiver to stay during the night. We can stay in the room where your loved one sleeps or in a different area close enough to respond quickly with assistance. You can expect our overnight caregiver to always be awake and ready from the evening until your loved ones wake up in the morning.
The overnight care plans for your loved ones can consist of the following:
- Assistance with morning and evening routines including personal hygiene, restroom usage, and getting dressed
- Assistance getting in and out of bed as well as help changing positions during the night
- Reminders to take medication
- Help getting safely to and from the restroom at night
We recommend that you consider overnight care services for senior citizens with the following issues:
- Vision Loss: If your loved ones have experienced any loss of vision, moving around the house at night can be dangerous. We can help your loved ones through the home at night by guiding them and turning on lights.
- Falls: The risk of falling increases at night due to fatigue and a lack of light. Our caregivers will keep walking paths in the home clear and guide your loved ones through the home at night to prevent them from falling.
- Dementia: Dementia and Alzheimer’s patients may wake up confused in the middle of the night and begin wandering. We will keep their wandering confined to safe areas of the home and help them get back to bed safely.
- Post-Surgery: If seniors do not get adequate rest following a surgery, they could suffer a setback that will put them back in the hospital. Our caregivers will ensure that your loved ones take their medication following surgery and we will also monitor their condition through the night and help them change positions in bed.
Our overnight care services can provide relief for families who do not want to leave their elderly loved ones home alone at night. If your loved ones in Aurora, IL could benefit from the services of an overnight caregiver, contact Assisting Hands Home Care at (630) 332-2203. We will ensure the safety and well-being of your loved ones and immediately provide them with assistance in the middle of the night.