As your relatives get older, the thought of leaving them alone at night may make you increasingly uncomfortable. There is always a risk of a medical emergency happening at night, especially if your elderly loved ones suffer from an illness or chronic condition. If no one is there to respond immediately to an emergency, there could be serious consequences. Having a family member spend the night at the home of your loved ones helps, but they may not respond to an emergency quickly enough if an emergency occurs while they are sleeping.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we can help provide care for your loved ones at night in Bartlett, IL with our overnight care services. With these services, one of our trained and certified caregivers will arrive at the home of your loved ones in the evening and will be alert throughout the night to provide any needed assistance. You and your loved ones will rest easy knowing that our caregivers are present at night in case there is a problem or emergency.
Reliable Overnight Caregivers
Our overnight caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care are trained and carefully screened to ensure that we only send highly qualified and compassionate individuals to the home of your loved ones. Our caregivers will provide effective care services and will also act as a social companion for your loved one.
With our overnight care services, you can expect our caregiver to come to the home in the evening to help your loved ones with their bed time routines. We are ready to help them get dressed, bathe, and use the restroom before they lay in bed. During the night, our caregiver will stay nearby in case your loved one needs help going to the bathroom or changing positions in bed. We are also ready to respond instantly if there is an emergency.
You have the option of having our caregiver stay in the bedroom with your loved one through the night or allowing them to stay in another area of the home. Regardless of which option you choose, our caregiver will be attentive and respond quickly to emergencies.
Our overnight care services generally include the following:
- Help with personal care in the morning and evenings including grooming, bathing, and restroom use
- Help changing positions during the night as well as assistance getting in and out of bed
- Medication reminders
- Assistance with restroom use and anything else needed in the middle of the night.
Our overnight care services can benefit senior citizens who are experiencing the following:
- Vision Loss: Seniors who suffer from impaired vision may have a difficult time moving around the house, especially at night. We will respond as soon as your loved one wakes up and help guide them to the restroom safely.
- Falls: If your loved ones are at risk for falling, this risk will only increase at night. We will not only help your loved ones move throughout the home at night, but also clear paths in the home to prevent falls from tripping.
- Dementia: Seniors dealing with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease have a habit of wandering the home at night in a state of confusion. Our caregiver will immediately approach your loved one once they wake up and guide them safely back to bed.
- Post-Surgery: Recovering from surgery is especially hard on senior citizens and it can be difficult for them to sleep comfortably at night. We will help your loved ones get in and out of bed and change positions during the night to ensure their comfort.
If you have elderly relatives in Bartlett, IL that should not be left alone at night, contact Assisting Hands Home Care to learn more about how we can help with our overnight care services. You can trust that our caregiver will be vigilant and responsive throughout the night to provide any assistance necessary and respond immediately to emergencies. You can call us at (630) 332-2203 to talk to our professionals about our overnight care services.