When your relatives become older and reach their golden years, you may feel more uncomfortable about leaving them alone at night. There’s always a chance of a medical emergency occurring during the night, and this is especially so if your elderly relatives have an illness or chronic condition. If no one is available to immediately respond to the emergency, then the outcome can be serious. It helps to have a family member at home with your elderly loved ones at night, but even they might not be able to help if they can’t respond fast enough or are asleep.
Assisting Hands Home Care can help with such situations through the overnight care services that we offer in St. Charles, IL area. With these services, we have a qualified, trained caregiver who will come to your loved one’s home during the evening. The caregiver will remain awake and alert throughout the night in case assistance is needed.
Reliable Overnight Caregivers
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we employ caregivers who have undergone necessary training and background checks. This ensures that only the best, compassionate, qualified caregivers work with your loved ones at their homes. In addition to providing quality care services, our caregivers will also be a social companion to our clients.
Within our overnight care services, caregivers can be expected to come to your loved one’s home during the evening in time to help with nighttime routines. We will be prepared to assist your senior relatives with using the restroom, bathing, and getting dressed before helping them get to bed. While your loved ones sleep, caregivers will be nearby in the event that they need help switching positions in bed or going to the bathroom. In addition, we are prepared to respond immediately if an emergency comes up.
You can choose to have the caregiver remain in the elderly individual’s bedroom throughout the night or in another part of the home. No matter where they stay, our caregiver will be ready to help and respond to any emergencies.
The following are generally included in our overnight care services:
- Morning and evening personal care, such as help bathing, restroom use, and grooming
- Assisting your loved ones with getting in and out of bed and changing positions at night
- Reminding clients to take medications at the correct time
- Helping clients use the restroom and anything else they need in the middle of the night
Senior citizens who experience the following can benefit from our overnight care services:
- Vision Loss: For seniors who have impaired vision, moving around their home, particularly at night, can be difficult. Our caregivers will be there to help guide them to wherever they need to go to.
- Falls: The risk for falls increases at nighttime, so our caregivers will help guide seniors during the night and remove tripping hazards.
- Dementia: Seniors with Alzheimer’s or dementia tend to wander throughout their home at night in a confused state. Our caregivers will help them in such situations and guide them back to bed.
- Post-Surgery: Seniors can have a tough time recovering from surgery and sleeping comfortably at night. Our caregivers will help clients get in and out of bed and switch positions to guarantee their comfort.
If you are concerned about leaving your elder relatives alone during the night, get in touch with Assisting Hands Home Care in St. Charles, IL, at (630) 332-2203 for our overnight care services. We have caregivers who are attentive and responsive to keep your loved ones safe during the night.