Senior citizens of the baby boomer generation have changed the trend of senior care by choosing to stay at home and receive care instead of leaving for nursing homes or assisted living facilities. In fact, 90 percent of senior citizens are now choosing to stay home and age in place. This has led to a rise in demand for quality in-home care services.
Senior citizens generally prefer to age in place to retain their independence and have more control of their day to day lives. They may also simply refuse to leave a home where they have spent many years. Regardless of their reasoning for aging in place, seniors who choose this option may still need some type of care or assistance so they can be safe and comfortable while continuing to live at home.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we can help seniors in the Batavia, IL area who have chosen to age in place with our in-home senior care services. We will help create and implement comprehensive care plans for seniors to cover their most pressing care needs. Our skilled and compassionate caregivers will not only provide excellent care for your senior loved ones, but also provide them with companionship which will help improve their general happiness and well-being.
Personal In-Home Care Services
The caregivers of Assisting Hands Home Care are dedicated to providing senior citizens and adults with disabilities with quality care right in their own homes. Each of our caregivers must pass a thorough background check to ensure that we only send trusted, compassionate individuals to the home of your loved ones. We are also licensed, bonded, and insured to further protect you and your family. You can expect our caregivers to have the skills to help with a range of personal activities such as restroom use and personal hygiene. We can also provide transportation, meal preparation, and light housekeeping as needed.
Our in-home senior care services begin with a visit from our representatives in the home of your loved ones. We will complete a safety evaluation of the home and assess their specific care needs to help us form a comprehensive care plan. Our care plan will include a schedule for our caregivers and it can always be adjusted to accommodate the changing care needs of your loved ones.
Our senior home care services may include any of the following:
- Help with Daily Routines: Some seniors may have difficulty getting through their morning and night time routines due to physical or cognitive limitations. We can help your senior loved ones get ready for the day and get ready for bed by assisting with these routines.
- Transfer Assistance: Our caregivers can help those with limited mobility move from their bed, couch, or wheelchair.
- Bathing and Showering: If your loved one cannot handle bathing on their own, our caregivers will help them bathe and ensure that they are bathed regularly.
- Restroom Use: Our caregivers are ready to help with restroom use, whether your loved ones need partial or full assistance.
- Dressing: We will help your loved ones dress each morning and every night before bed.
- Personal Appearance: We understand that seniors care about their personal appearance like everyone else. We can help them with personal hygiene and grooming to maintain their appearance.
- Incontinence Care: Our caregivers will help seniors affected by incontinence clean up and change.
Our senior care services may also include these additional tasks to help out around the house:
- Light Housekeeping: Seniors may have trouble cleaning their homes due to the physical activity involved. Our caregivers can help with certain light housekeeping duties such as laundry, dishes, dusting, and vacuuming to keep the home clean.
- Grocery Shopping: We can run important errands like grocery shopping and pick up prescriptions to help those who no longer drive.
- Meal Preparation: Our caregivers can prepare meals each day to make sure your loved ones get enough nutrition. We will account for any dietary restrictions and we will also help with the cleanup afterwards.
- Companionship: It is common for senior citizens to feel lonely if they are mostly confined to the home. Our caregivers help relieve this loneliness by being a good companion for your loved ones. We will build a personal relationship with them through engaging conversations and fun activities.
If your senior relatives in Batavia, Aurora, Bartlett IL and surrounding areas have chosen to age in place but need some extra assistance, contact Assisting Hands Home Care for our senior home care services. Our caregivers will provide excellent, personalized care for your loved ones so they can safely and comfortably live at home. You can reach us at (630) 332-2203 for more information about our senior home care services.