There are many people who have worked their whole lives to earn the things they have, including their homes, which is why they are usually hesitant to give up their homes in old age. While more senior citizens are choosing to age in place because of this, they will reach a point where they need assistance in their homes in order to live their day to day lives. Family members can help provide their elderly relatives with minor care in the home, but this might only be feasible up to a certain point. When a senior citizen needs more consistent care, it may be best to bring in a trained caregiver from a home care agency.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides senior home care services to help senior citizens in Bartlett, IL age in place in their homes. We work with families of senior citizens and adults with disabilities to form in-home care plans that cover the care recipient’s needs and create a schedule that works for everyone involved. Our care plans are personalized based on your loved ones needs and they are flexible and can be adjusted if your loved one’s care needs change.
At Assisting Hands, we employ highly trained and certified caregivers who are ready to care for your senior relatives in their own homes. Our caregivers are not only bonded and insured, but they have also each passed a background check before being hired. We are ready to respond to any emergency situation and we are also trained in First Aid and CPR.
Complete In-Home Care Services
When you call us for home care services, we will meet with you and your loved for an evaluation of their care needs. We will then form a care plan that includes the specific assistance they need as well as a schedule for our caregiver to arrive. The home care plan for your loved ones may include the following:
- Help with Daily Routines: Daily routines such as getting out of bed, making breakfast, showering, and getting dressed may be difficult for some seniors. We will help your senior relatives through all of their morning, daytime, and night time routines.
- Transfer Assistance: If your love ones have limited mobility, we can help them get in and out of bed, the couch, or their wheelchair.
- Restroom Use: Our caregivers are ready to help seniors who need assistance when using the restroom, whether they need full or partial assistance.
- Incontinence Care: If your loved one struggles with incontinence, we can help them change and clean up when an accident occurs.
- Bathing and Showering: It is important for seniors to bathe regularly, but this can be difficult for some without help. We will assist seniors with their bath or shower.
- Getting Dressed: We can help seniors get dressed for the day in the morning and help them get dressed in their night clothes at night.
- Personal Appearance: Personal appearance is important to everyone, including senior citizens. Our caregivers will help your loved ones with their personal hygiene to make sure they always look their best.
Our senior caregivers can also take care of the following tasks as part of our senior care services:
- Meal Preparation: Seniors must eat regular meals so that they get the nutrition they need. Our caregivers will prepare meals each day for your loved ones and we will always take their dietary restrictions into account.
- Light Housekeeping: Cleaning the home is a physical activity that may be too difficult for some seniors. If this is the case for your loved one, our caregivers can help with some light housekeeping duties to keep the home clean.
- Grocery Shopping: We can take care of the grocery shopping for your loved ones, as well as other errands like picking up prescriptions.
- Companionship: Senior citizens often experience loneliness which can lead to depression. Our caregivers are dedicated to being a social companion for your loved ones as well as their caregiver and will build a personal relationship with them through conversation and engaging with their favorite activities.
Our home care services are ideal for senior citizens who wish to age in their own homes but need some assistance to do it safely. Give Assisting Hands Home Care a call at (630) 332-2203 if you have elderly loved ones in Bartlett, IL area who could benefit from these services. Our caregivers will provide your loved ones with quality, compassionate care to keep them comfortable in their own homes.