In past generations, senior citizens have had limited options when it came to getting the care that they need to live comfortably and safely. If a senior citizen did not have a family member available to take care of them, they would most likely have to go to a retirement home to live. This option, while it provided them with the care they needed, took away some of their independence and the control they had over their lives which is important to many. As a result, senior communities and home care services have developed to give senior citizens an option that allows them to get the care that they need while retaining a sense of independence and control over their lives. Senior citizens now have several more care options including senior communities and home care services in addition to family care and retirement homes.
Senior communities are living communities for senior citizens in which the residents each have their own private living unit. These communities give seniors the benefit of having their own space to live independently, but to also live amongst their peers with whom they can visit and socialize. Many senior citizens throughout the U.S. have issues with depression from social isolation as they may not have many friends or family members around them, or a means by which to visit people who live a good distance away. Senior communities put senior citizens together in one place to build social relationships and avoid the negative consequences that come with social isolation.
Benefits of Senior Communities
There are many benefits to living in a senior community instead of a retirement home. Seniors will not only have more social interaction with their peers, but also access to a range of amenities that can improve their quality of life. The following are the main benefits of a senior community:
- Own Place: Seniors who live in a senior community either rent or own their own living space such as an apartment or condo. This gives them their own private space and helps them maintain an independent lifestyle.
- Social Interaction: As mentioned above, a lack of social interaction can have negative consequences for senior citizens, including depression. Seniors in these communities can interact with each other, engage in fun activities, and form or join social clubs.
- Entertainment: Most senior living communities provide plenty of options for entertainment including games like card games and bingo, movies, classes, and sometimes live shows.
- Health Clubs: Many senior living communities have on-site health clubs that their residents can use to exercise daily. They may also offer exercise programs and classes.
- Medical Care: On-site medical care is a common characteristic of senior communities so that residents can have immediate access to medical help if there is an emergency.
- Security: Many senior communities are gated and have a security staff to help keep the community residents safe.
Century Village Real Estate, Inc. in South Florida
Century Village Real Estate, Inc. is a real estate firm that sells properties in Central Village senior communities in South Florida. They are the only real estate firm that sells property at all four Century Village locations in West Palm Beach, Pembroke Pines, Boca Raton, and Deerfield Beach, FL. These communities are gated communities in which senior citizens can buy their own condominium and take advantage of the many on-site amenities. All four Century Village locations include the following amenities for their residents:
- A large clubhouse that includes party rooms and meeting rooms for classes, special events, and social club meetings.
- A theater that can seat more than 1,000 people
- A full library
- Game rooms for card games and billiards
- Health club that includes exercise equipment and classes for yoga, Pilates, and traditional aerobics
- Swimming pools inside and outside
- Courts for outdoor games such as shuffleboard and bocce ball and a golf course in some locations
- Large picnic and barbecue area
How Assisting Hands Home Care – Broward County, FL can help seniors at Century Village
Century Village no doubt provides their residents with a range of amenities as well as on-site health care in case of emergencies. However, as private owners of their condos, the senior residents may still need assistance with certain activities within their living space.
The caregivers of Assisting Hands Home Care – Broward County, FL can provide the type of elderly care and assistance at home that the retirement community may not have the resources to provide for their residents. We can assist residents who need help getting out of bed in the morning and bathing and dressing for the day as well as those who just need assistance with certain housekeeping duties or preparing meals. We want to help the senior citizens living in the South Florida Century Village locations live an even more independent life by taking care of them within their condos.
Home Care Services from Assisting Hands Home Care – Broward County, FL
Assisting Hands Home Care – Broward County, FL provides a variety of in-home care services that can benefit senior citizens in the Hollywood, FL area who are living at home or in a senior community. We will set up an initial meeting between our staff and the potential client and their family to evaluate their care needs and create an effective care plan. A highly skilled caregiver will then be chosen to provide the client with excellent care according to the care plan, as well as good social companionship. If you or a loved one could benefit from our elderly care services, contact our staff to set up a consultation.
You can reach Assisting Hands Home Care – Broward County, FL by calling (954) 644-7276.