If you or a relative cares for an elderly individual or disabled adult, nighttime can be anxiety-inducing. At night, the caregiver may not be around to provide assistance, as they are usually at their own home or at your loved one’s home but have gone to sleep for the night. So if an emergency occurs, the caregiver may not respond in time to provide the necessary care or help. With Assisting Hands Home Care’s overnight care services in Miramar, FL, we can help out.
Overnight Care Miramar, FL
We have one of our caregivers go to your loved one’s home at night so that they can provide care as needed. The caregiver will remain awake throughout the night, ready and available to help. Based on one’s preference, the caregiver will either stay in your loved one’s room or elsewhere in their home.
Our overnight care services can help with each of the following:
- Getting washed up and dressed for bed
- Getting in and out of bed
- Restroom use and more throughout the night
In the following scenarios, it is beneficial to have an overnight caregiver available to help:
- Vision Loss: Whether it is due to glaucoma, cataracts, or some other condition, vision impairment is common for seniors. However, visually-impaired seniors have a tougher time getting around at night because of their condition. Knowing this, our caregivers are prepared to help these elderly individuals to ensure they are safe when they need to get around at night, such as if they need to use the restroom.
- Fall Prevention: If an elderly individual has a high fall risk, then it can be hazardous for them to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. Our caregivers are ready to help guide them to reduce the potential for any falls.
- After Surgery: When seniors have recently had a medical procedure, sleeping comfortably is a tough task. Our caregivers will be ready to help elderly individuals recovering from surgery get up to use the bathroom. We will also help them change their sleeping positions so they’re more comfortable.
- Dementia Care: Seniors who have Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia often wake up during the night in a confused state. This prompts them to wander throughout their home, which can be unsafe. Our caregivers are prepared to watch over seniors as they wander to ensure they remain safe and don’t leave their home.
If you have a loved one who needs overnight care, then get in touch with Assisting Hands Home Care for a free initial consultation. We offer overnight care services in Miramar, FL, and the surrounding areas to help seniors and disabled adults during the night. With one of our caregivers around to help, you can feel at ease knowing your loved one has someone to care for them if needed.
To learn more about our overnight care services or to schedule a free consultation, give us a call at (954) 644-7276.
Related Overnight Care Services: