The baby boomer generation has been reaching retirement age in large numbers and many of them will continue to retire each year for years to come. As a result, more people in this generation who reach their senior years are choosing to age in their own homes, increasing the demand for quality senior home care services.
Senior citizens typically choose to age in place because remaining at home gives them more personal freedom and allows them to stay in their familiar surroundings. However, many seniors who choose to age in place may eventually need outside assistance to help them with daily chores and even personal activities such as restroom use and bathing.
It is sometimes possible for family members to provide care for senior relatives. For cases where this is not possible, you can turn to senior home care agencies like Assisting Hands Home Care – Broward County, FL for assistance.
In-Home Care Services
At Assisting Hands Home Care – Broward County, FL, we provide elderly home care services in Hallandale and Hallandale Beach, FL to assist seniors who have chosen to age in their homes. Our caregivers are carefully screened and highly qualified to provide exceptional care for your elderly relatives that may include personal assistance, housekeeping, meal preparation, and transportation. Each of our caregivers is licensed, bonded, and insured for your protection.
Our senior home care services may include the following types of care:
- Care Management: Our caregivers will help manage the care of your loved one by creating a schedule that accounts for your loved one’s needs and any family caregivers involved. We will also ensure that your loved ones follow directions from their doctors and remind them to take their medication.
- Personal Care and Grooming: We can assist seniors with their personal care activities including dressing, bathing, and using the restroom.
- Meal Preparation: Our caregivers will prepare daily meals for seniors who cannot do this themselves. We will also make sure to follow any dietary restrictions.
- Errands and Transportation: If your senior relative can no longer drive, we can help them by running errands and providing rides to doctor appointments and other important commitments.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will help keep the home clean by taking care of certain household chores including laundry, vacuuming, and dusting.
- Companionship: We consider ourselves more than just caregivers as we will establish a personal relationship with your loved ones so we can be a good companion for them. We will engage them in conversation as well as their favorite hobbies.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Our caregivers are trained to provide care for those who suffer from Alzheimer’s or dementia. This care includes memory exercises meant to slow memory loss.
- Overnight Care: If you have a family member care for your elderly love ones during the day but not at night, you know that it can be stressful knowing that no one is there to respond to emergencies. Our overnight caregivers will arrive in the evening and stay awake throughout the night to provide assistance when needed and respond to emergencies.
- Live-In/ 24-Hour Care: Seniors in certain situations may need someone nearby 24 hours a day in case there is an emergency. We offer live-in care services in which a caregiver will live in the home with your loved one, as well as 24-hour care in which caregivers alternate shifts to ensure someone is always awake in the home 24 hours a day.
- Respite Care: We can provide respite care services if your loved one has a family caregiver so they can have some time off.
- Hospice Care: Our hospice care services are for those who have a limited life expectancy or have been diagnosed with a terminal illness. Our caregivers will help keep them comfortable and pain free so they can live their final days with dignity.
- Post-Operative Care: Recovering from surgery is difficult for senior citizens and if they try to do too much, they could experience a setback. Our caregivers can help seniors who have recently had surgery by helping around the house and ensuring they follow their doctor’s instructions.
Trusted Senior Care Services
When you contact Assisting Hands Home Care – Broward County, FL for home care services, a representative will come to the home of your loved ones to evaluate the home and their care needs. We will then use this information to work with you and your loved ones to help create a care plan and schedule. The care plan will cover all of the needs of your loved ones and it is flexible in case their needs change.
Our caregivers are each highly trained and ready to provide the following:
- In-Home Care
- Elderly Care Services
- Medical Alert Systems
- Non-Medical Home Health Care
If you have elderly relatives in Hallandale or Hallandale Beach, FL, that could benefit from our home care services, contact Assisting Hands Home Care – Broward County, FL to talk to our representatives.
We will carefully assess your loved ones needs and ensure that we choose a caregiver who can best handle the situation. Give us a call at (954) 644-7276 to learn more about our in-home care services or to schedule a free consultation.