Living options for Baby Boomers have increased dramatically from what was available to their parents and grandparents. Many of them choose to stay in their own homes, or age in place, instead of moving to nursing homes or retirement facilities.
This gives them a great deal more privacy and control over their lives and schedules and is also more cost-effective. Many seniors require assistance with daily tasks, but don’t need enough help to require moving to an assisted living facility. Family members often help out, but sometimes they don’t live close enough, or don’t have flexible schedules.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides a wide range of services that help seniors age in place comfortably and with dignity in Plantation, FL.
Senior Care Services
The staff at Assisting Hands Home Care are committed to delivering high quality home health care services that help your loved ones stay in their own homes for as long as possible.
All of our caregivers are thoroughly screened, trained, bonded, and insured. It’s important to us to have highly skilled aides for all of our clients who can not only provide excellent care, but also compassionate companionship.
Our senior home care services may include:
- Post-Operative Care. Seniors often have longer recovery periods after surgeries or experience more setbacks and side effects. Our skilled caregivers can monitor their conditions for changes day and night during the recovery and ensure that medication dosages and diets are followed.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care. Our highly skilled caregivers receive specialized training to work with Alzheimer’s and dementia patients, in order to provide them with the care they need. We work with them to improve their memories using mentally engaging games and puzzles.
- Overnight Care. Our aides help clients through their pre-bedtime rituals, including taking medications and changing clothes, if necessary. They will stay awake through the evening to help with restroom visits and any needs that may arise during the overnight hours.
- Hospice Care. Many people prefer to spend their final days, weeks, and months in the privacy and comfort of their own homes. Assisting Hands Home Care helps them spend this precious time with their loved ones in dignity and peace, instead of in a sterile hospital room.
- Live-In Care. It can be stressful and frustrating for both seniors and their families when there are gaps in caregiving. Assisting Hands Home Care ensures that someone is always in the home by providing live-in care services in Plantation, FL to help seniors stay in the homes they love.
- Respite Care. Caring for a family member while working and managing your own family can make it difficult to juggle everything, let alone take time off for a vacation or business trip. Our respite care services make it possible for family caregivers to take a few hours or a few days off to take care of other business.
- Care Management. Our staff will help you develop a caregiving plan that covers all your loved one’s needs, as well as the schedules of any family members who assist them. We’ll make sure there are no gaps in care or services.
- Personal Care and Grooming. We can help seniors who need a little assistance with bathing, dressing, and other forms of daily care and grooming. We make sure they’re ready to face the day with dignity and grace.
- Meal Preparation. Some seniors are unable to cook for themselves or think it’s too much of a bother to cook healthy meals for one. We can prepare delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks that can accommodate any dietary restrictions.
- Errands and Transportation. Losing the ability to drive is a serious blow to independence, especially if public transportation isn’t readily available. We can provide reliable, safe rides to doctors’ appointments, errands, the grocery store, social events, and any other places your loved one may need to go in their day to day lives.
- Companionship. When family members don’t live nearby, life can become lonely for seniors. Our compassionate caregivers provide meaningful social contact for our clients and assure their families that someone is checking with them regularly. We engage seniors in conversations, games, and fun activities that are enjoyable for everyone.
- Light Housekeeping. Keeping up with housework can become difficult when someone has mobility issues or has trouble with their eyesight. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we can help seniors in Plantation, FL maintain the cleanliness of their homes by performing light housekeeping tasks.
Quality Home Health Care Services
After you contact the professionals at Assisting Hands Home Care for high quality in-home senior care services in Plantation, FL, we send a representative to your home to conduct a safety assessment and learn your senior’s specific needs and wishes.
Next, we work with the family to develop a full care plan that includes these elements as well as a caregiver schedule. Finally, we select a highly trained and fully screened caregiver who can fill this role. Care plans are flexible and can be adjusted at any time due to changes in living conditions or health.
If your loved one in Plantation, FL needs any kind of in-home health care, contact the skilled specialists at Assisting Hands Home Care. We can help seniors age in place and provide the care, dignity, and compassion they deserve.
Call us at (954) 644-7276 for more information or to schedule a consultation.