Seniors who want to stay in their own homes as they age can continue to do that even if they need a little help around the house. Previous generations were forced to move into retirement facilities or nursing homes when they couldn’t do everything on their own, but there are more options for home health care services today that allow them the freedom and security to live their lives.
Family members often help with some daily tasks, but they may not live nearby or might not have enough time with their own work and family obligations.
Assisting Hands Home Care helps clients in Southwest Ranches, FL with our in-home care services that include a wide variety of activities, from cooking to transportation to grooming and more.
Senior Home Care Services
The staff at Assisting Hands Home Care are dedicated to helping our clients age in place with dignity and comfort. All of our caregivers are thoroughly screened before being offered employment, and are bonded, licensed, and insured.
You can be sure your senior is being cared for by a skilled, competent, caring aide who can manage any situation that may arise.
Our senior care services may include the following:
- Live-In Care. Having a loved one who needs extra help but lives alone is frustrating for family members who live too far away to assist. Our live-in care services ensure that someone is always there to help them with any need that might arise, day or night.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care. Clients who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia need focused care, so they can stay where they feel comfortable and secure. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we make sure our caregivers are trained to give them the extra supervision and care they need. We also engage them in specialized exercises to help stimulate their minds and reduce memory loss.
- Overnight Care. Family members can help their loved ones during the daytime hours but finding someone who can stay awake to help overnight can be difficult when they’re balancing a job and other family commitments. Our staff can help clients get ready for bed, including taking any medications and changing clothes if necessary. They stay awake overnight to assist with restroom visits, medications, or any emergencies that may occur.
- Respite Care. Providing care for a family member can be difficult when you have a family of your own and/or have a job. Sometimes you need to take time off to take care of personal business. We can provide respite care that allows family caregivers to take a break and we’ll work with you to create a care plan that will ensure there are no lapses in care.
- Hospice Care. Assisting Hands Home Care allows terminally ill clients in Southwest Ranches, FL to spend their final days, weeks, and months in the comfort and privacy of their own homes, instead of in an impersonal hospital room. We make their time comfortable and as pain-free as possible, so they can enjoy precious time with family and friends.
- Post-Operative Care. Recovering from surgery is difficult at any age, but seniors are more likely to suffer side effects from failures to take medications or follow medical advice. Our caregivers will ensure they follow all doctors’ instructions and take prescriptions as advised, as well as monitor their condition so they can make a full recovery.
- Light Housekeeping. Keeping up with the housework is hard when you can’t see dirt due to poor vision or can’t bend to clean corners. Our staff can help clients keep their homes clean with light housekeeping services to get areas they can’t reach.
- Companionship. Our caregivers do more than just provide home healthcare services. We engage our clients in meaningful conversation and fun activities because we know the importance of genuine, compassionate companionship in the lives of seniors.
- Care Management. We’ll work with you to develop a comprehensive care plan that covers all your loved one’s needs and dietary restrictions, as well as the schedules of any family caregivers.
- Errands and Transportation. It’s difficult to maintain a sense of independence after losing a driver’s license, especially when public transportation isn’t safe or readily available. The staff at Assisting Hands Home Care can drive clients in Southwest Ranches, FL to doctors’ appointments, errands, and other activities.
- Personal Care and Grooming. We help clients prepare for the day by assisting with dressing, bathing, and other needs. We treat them with compassion and dignity at all times to help them feel more comfortable.
- Meal Preparation. Some seniors are physically unable to cook for themselves, or don’t want to go to the trouble for one person, which leads to unhealthy eating habits and poor health. We prepare delicious, nutritious meals that meet all dietary restrictions and keep them in good health.
Quality Home Healthcare Services
When you call Assisting Hands Home Care to learn more about our home healthcare services, we’ll send one of our representatives to conduct a safety evaluation and learn more about your senior’s needs. We’ll work with you to create a comprehensive care plan that includes all these needs and outlines the caregiver’s schedule.
Next, we’ll choose the right caregiver from our staff who will best fit those needs and your senior’s situation. Our care plans can be adjusted at any time when needs or conditions change.
Call the caring professionals at Assisting Hands Home Care when you need high quality in-home health care for your loved one in Southwest Ranches, FL. We’ll ensure they receive the care, compassion, and dignity they deserve.
Contact us at (954) 644-7276 for a consultation or to learn more.