The nighttime can be filled with anxiety if you have an elderly or disabled loved one who lives alone and has no one to care for them at night. You or a caregiver may not be at the senior’s home during the night, and even if you are, you are likely asleep and may not be able to respond in time to help if there is an emergency. But with overnight care services from Assisting Hands Home Care, you don’t have to worry.
At night, one of our caregivers will come to your loved one’s home and help them prepare for bed. Afterwards, we remain awake throughout the night, ready and available to help if needed. Based on preference, our caregivers will either remain in your loved one’s room or stay in another room in their home.
With our overnight care services, we provide the following:
- Medication assistance
- Help getting washed up and dressed for bed
- Help getting in and out of bed
- Assistance with anything needed throughout the night, such as restroom use
Overnight care is especially beneficial for the following scenarios:
- Vision Loss: Many seniors have impaired vision because of glaucoma, cataracts, and other vision-related conditions. Having impaired vision is particularly troublesome during the night because it is more difficult to get around safely. Our caregivers will be available and prepared to help guide them.
- Fall Prevention: While the task itself seems simple, walking to the bathroom during the night can be especially dangerous for seniors who are at risk of falling. Our caregivers will be there to help guide them and prevent falls.
- After Surgery: When recovering from a surgery, seniors can have a tough time sleeping comfortably at night. Our caregivers will be around to help them get up to use the bathroom and change positions in bed so that they’re comfortable.
- Dementia Care: Individuals who are affected by dementia sometimes wake up confused in the middle of the night, prompting them to wander throughout their home. Our caregivers will keep watch of them to ensure they remain safe at night.
If you have a loved one who needs overnight care, then get in touch with Assisting Hands Home Care for the overnight care services we provide. With our assistance, you can feel at ease knowing your loved one has someone to help them out at any time of the night.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
For more information or to schedule a free consultation regarding the overnight care services that Assisting Hands Home Care provides in Pembroke Pines, FL, call us at (954) 644-7276.
Related Overnight Care Services: